What happen to my piston ?? HELP!

ford88mustang

Sep 27, 2009
I had this top end in for maybe two weeks. Did I do something wrong or is there something wrong with my cylinder ? The top ring fuzed in with the piston ? Maybe I put the ring in wrong ? Because the bottom ring is good.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx1.jpg

do you still have oil inj

was the bike tuned right

Yes I still have the stock oil inj but the bike was smoking so I didn't think that was the problem. Idk about the tune ? The stock piston cracked it didn't look like this one.

Hows your spark plug? does it have little balls on it? How about the piston top, is it pitted? Thinking you might be running lean or had lean conditions while running, Maybe even preignition or pinging as some may say.

thats alot of piston wear for that much time what was the clearance piston to cyl wall almost looks to tight aka hot sieze. not broke in enough

My spark plug looked fine. Every where else on the piston looked fine. I did not notice any other damage. Do you think this could have been caused because I didn't break in the motor correctly ?

com on guys quit beatin around the bush and tell the man he had an air leak from not doing a leadown test which leaned out your motor. it got too hot on one side where it was sucking in that extra unaccounted for air... i sell these with instructions in the for sale thread man 30 bucks could have saved you a piston, rings and a hone/bore.

com on guys quit beatin around the bush and tell the man he had an air leak from not doing a leadown test which leaned out your motor. it got too hot on one side where it was sucking in that extra unaccounted for air... i sell these with instructions in the for sale thread man 30 bucks could have saved you a piston, rings and a hone/bore.

i was going to bring this up if you hadn't. it had to be an airleak.

when you reved the bike and let go of the throttle did it go ringdadadingding or ringdadding.

if it was hangin for a while then you know you were running lean.

when you reved the bike and let go of the throttle did it go ringdadadingding or ringdadding.

if it was hangin for a while then you know you were running lean.

also if the idle just comes up a bit then back down ramdonly you know you have a leak. airleaks are the most common problem on 2 smokers I:I next to incorrect jetting and oil mixtures

At upper rpm the bike ran as good as it always did. But it would never idle. It was still running when I took it back apart I just couldn't get it to idle. What do I need to do next ?