what do you drive?

THIS...
NO ITS NOT A JEEP. Its the summer rig. Goes ANYWHERE. Has the 230 CI flat head six. It has 78 HP and uses every one of them to get around. Low range is WOW! The electrical system is still 24 volt and works perfectly. Waterproof ignition system,waterproof carb,waterproof fuel system,waterproof brake system,etc and I live in the desert. Go figure.
It doesn't use fuses. It has self re-setting circuit breakers. It can ford 42" of water WITHOUT the fording kit,and can go completely under water with the fording kit....but I live in the desert. Once again...go figure
It has an axe,matox,and shovel on the tail gate in case you feel like doing some yard work in the middle of the no where.
The winch is nothing short of INCREDIBLE! It has all the troop seats that go in the back that can seat 8 to 12 people depending how big your butt is,and all the cab top components too. Its just more fun having it wide open,so I just keep those parts stored in the garage. Toughest truck I have ever owned,and German Shepherd approved.
Oh yeah...one other thing...A blaster will fit in the back. :)
Its a 1953 Dodge M-37 Weapons carrier

7529-dodge-m37-weapon-carrier.jpg

7528-dodge-m37-weapon-carrier.jpg

7527-dodge-m37-weapon-carrier.jpg

Last edited:
My daily driver when i get my lisence in two months:

Pic-01112013-001_zps62c50311.jpg

4.3 V6 baced by a 5speed trans.

My moms daily driver that I drive occassionally:

DSC08118_zps63cab4e5.jpg

the durango in the last pic is going to be the newest project moree than likely for my moms boyfriend as its pretty much blown up.

And hers my dads fun ty that i get to drive maybe once a year:

IMG_4205.jpg

We have a ball with the firetruck considering these:

320856_2126794126779_1153700860_31928072_1443787812_n.jpg

300924_2017598047210_1461652308_31670747_520390254_n.jpg

te last pic is at a hill climb. Lots of fun. 1500 ft of hill

THIS...
NO ITS NOT A JEEP. Its the summer rig. Goes ANYWHERE. Has the 230 CI flat head six. It has 78 HP and uses every one of them to get around. Low range is WOW! The electrical system is still 24 volt and works perfectly. Waterproof ignition system,waterproof carb,waterproof fuel system,waterproof brake system,etc and I live in the desert. Go figure.
It doesn't use fuses. It has self re-setting circuit breakers. It can ford 42" of water WITHOUT the fording kit,and can go completely under water with the fording kit....but I live in the desert. Once again...go figure
It has an axe,matox,and shovel on the tail gate in case you feel like doing some yard work in the middle of the no where.
The winch is nothing short of INCREDIBLE! It has all the troop seats that go in the back that can seat 8 to 12 people depending how big your butt is,and all the cab top components too. Its just more fun having it wide open,so I just keep those parts stored in the garage. Toughest truck I have ever owned,and German Shepherd approved.
Oh yeah...one other thing...A blaster will fit in the back. :)
Its a 1953 Dodge M-37 Weapons carrier

7529-dodge-m37-weapon-carrier.jpg

7528-dodge-m37-weapon-carrier.jpg

7527-dodge-m37-weapon-carrier.jpg

Then things are awesome. I started fixing one up before but had to get rid of it because I lost my storage place for it.

I've already posted in the other thread

but

95 12v cummins
5 speed nv4500
4" turbo back str8 pipe
tow mirrors
got some 9"wide 16" rims on her with 265's
fuel plate gone
smoked 1 piece headlights
some aftermarket clutch
looking to put a 7" single stack in it or 5" tbe

rice burner? lol hopefully you didint rice it out like most people do with honda/ acuras

hahaha Yea I know, but I no longer have the "Honda" sticker on it. It's all stock besides the rims. I am doing engine work on it though I:I

hahaha Yea I know, but I no longer have the "Honda" sticker on it. It's all stock besides the rims. I am doing engine work on it though I:I

good, i hate little rice burners with the fart can exhausts, i say maybe lower it and put on some nice rims, tint the windows then mod out the engine and call it good, dont put a body kit on it or a huge spoiler lol

Awesome M-37 Joe.
Our transport unit still had one when I joined back in the late 70s.
I did the driver course and have forded rivers with the water up to the dashboard on Jeeps and Deuce. We winched a Deuce-and-a-half up a cliff with the winch on another one anchored off to half the forest. There were many times I could not believe the Army was actually paying me to do the things we were doing!

I currently drive a Dodge Caravan. Yeah, baby! Old single guy trolling for soccer moms....
Before you laugh too much, it is 285hp and gets over 30mpg(imp) out on the highway. It is my pickup truck, camper and bike/sled hauler. It is the smallest vehicle that that will haul my trailered 750 lbs snowmobile through 4" of snow and get over 20mpg doing it.

Before that? Jeep Cherokee, Ford Taurus, supercharged Thunderbird SuperCoupe, turbocharged Mustang SVO, turbo diesel VW Jetta, self converted 4wd diesel 1 ton van, 3/4 ton diesel Ford truck, taxi business with a slough of american cars, Crown Vic police car, 1976 302 auto Bronco, 1980 351W Bronco, Suzuki Samurai, lowered Mercury Zepher Z7 with 289 4bbl 5 speed, 1970 Torino 351C 4bbl, 1973 Torino 351C, 1972 Thunderbird 429 4bbl, 78 Merc Marquis 460 4bbl full disk brakes, Maverick Grabber with self installed 351C 4bbl 4spd, 69 F100 w 351C 4bbl, 78 Dodge 3/4 ton truck fulltime 4wd with 360 4bbl police engine, 1967 Mustang 289 4bbl 4spd w disk brakes, 1962 Comet w self installed headered and dual exhaust 250 six 4spd, Cortina GT, and many more cars trucks and vans I have forgotten along the way.

Bikes? I currently have a road legal KTM 125 and a kickass totally stock KTM 300 and a KTM 380 under construction and enough spare parts to build a 250 or 300 for Triplecrown this summer. I have a KZ1000 and XS1100 street cruisers, CRF100, Ninja750 and a damaged Husaberg 450 garage queen. I've owned a Honda 500 Ascot, 450 Nighthawk, XL500, XL250, CR250, 150cc Dream and CB350, 360 and 650. Had a Yamaha DT200 and DT250, XT600, worked on Neil's YZ125, MX80 and BW80. Kawi 250 triple, and a bunch of Honda and Chinese smaller bikes come to mind. Had a bunch of Rotax powered sleds and my current 660 Arctic Cat 4 stroke job.

A fool and his money are soon to part, but memories of the orgy will last a lifetime!

Steve

This is my opinion,and its the conclusion that I have come too...
The best car or truck is the one that is paid for,runs good,and that you have a title too. End of story!
Too hell with car payments! I'll drive anything.
A few of my friends had/have truck payments in the $700 to $900 range... for the next five (5) years! :eek: Screw that.
Everything we own,we have the title to,except my wifes civic. Almost finished paying on that too.

Its kind of like the old "Alka Seltzer" comercial...

"Oh what a relief it is". I:I

1993 jeep cherokee i6 4x4 5- speed with 4.5 rough country lift
1993 honda del slow single jingle gettin ready for summer paint suspension etc
1990 acura integra shell

292uyqb.jpg

i agree joeak but its fun to drive in style also, but ill tell you one thing, i will jump off a cliff before i ever ever buy a brand new car. cars are horrible investments, you buy them brand new and the minute you drive off the lot with it its considered "used" and drops 10k in price screw that!! i will always buy a used vehicle. now a quad thats a different story

good, i hate little rice burners with the fart can exhausts, i say maybe lower it and put on some nice rims, tint the windows then mod out the engine and call it good, dont put a body kit on it or a huge spoiler lol

I feel like the last generation before me ruined Honda's for everyone, no fast and furious kits, just a good exhaust, a nice Type R or GSR spoiler, and performance mods....

i agree joeak but its fun to drive in style also, but ill tell you one thing, i will jump off a cliff before i ever ever buy a brand new car. cars are horrible investments, you buy them brand new and the minute you drive off the lot with it its considered "used" and drops 10k in price screw that!! i will always buy a used vehicle. now a quad thats a different story

If you drive over 30,000kms (20,000 miles) a year you HAVE to buy a new car.
I have been down that road, trying to keep used cars running with limited time available to do maintenance.
It just becomes uneconomical to keep an old car running with that sort of yearly mileage unless your time is worth very little.

With new cars as low as $12,000 how can one resist? Cheapest prices in 20 years.
For a "interesting" second (low mileage) ride, I have to agree.

Steve

To find out the "True" value of a NEW car...all you have to do is buy it and drive it back to the dealership the next day and trade it in. See what they give you on "trade in value". This will reflect what its really worth.