what do I need for the 240 kit

Apr 16, 2015
I got a 05 blaster whit a full toomy pipe, v force 4 reeds, oil block out kit, I think that's it on the motor. Do I need anything to put the 240 kit on it

i think it is a 20% increase in power...kinda like a aftermarket pipe add 20%
dont quote me though:D
you can get that from porting your stock cylinder/or get the 240kit and port it as well lol

it says it adds 34 horse power and I believe it's already ported I don't know it should rock and roll. what brand and what size carburetor would you recommend

it says it adds 34 horse power and I believe it's already ported I don't know it should rock and roll. what brand and what size carburetor would you recommend
where are you reading this?

it does not "add" 34 horsepower. it may bring you up to that though
dynos have reported about 40 hp max for a blaster

Ken OConnor Racing , but maybe I'm reading it wrong I'm looking at it right now tryed screenshot in it but I can't get it to work

ohhh you are talking about the ported 240 from ken.
the carb is up to you,you can use stock or upgrade.
ken could tell you that if you purchase.I think vitos recommends premixing with there kit?

ken vitos 1.jpg

I don't think an un ported 240 will bring you to 34 hp. That would be doubling the stock hp. Now with some porting and a good pipe sure.

Edit; Ahh I see now... Sure with a good pipe etc you will have a whole different machine.. Be sure your crank is in good order also..

there pg says 32hp...soo probably not even close.
seeings how they say the cutout piston adds 5hp.
but the ported kor 240kit im sure you will be pleased with it.
if you are looking for more power you can get a headmod with what you have already,or port your stock cylinder as well and it will have more power,cheaper:)

vitos.png

I hear yea on the crank I was wondering about that too. I heard stroke cranks aren't as strong as a ome crank not quite sure where to go with that to. if anybody's got any suggestions I'd appreciate it and getting the parts next week and doing it the day I get them so any advice is greatly appreciated I appreciate all the advice you all have given me already.

I usually wouldn't go this far out with the motor at once but I blew my piston and half about 3 weeks ago out at Bundy hill off road park. and figured might as well do it while I got it apart and I can not wait

I usually wouldn't go this far out with the motor at once but I blew my piston and half about 3 weeks ago out at Bundy hill off road park. and figured might as well do it while I got it apart and I can not wait

what size main jet are you running?
and you did infact order the 240 kit?

If the piston blew apart then you may want to consider splitting the cases. I know it adds allot of time to the project but if the piston grenaded than there is for sure some fragments in the bottom end. Yes you can clean out the bottom end but it is easiest/best to split the cases to really get in there. Really before going any further you should check the crank to be sure it is still in spec. The last thing you want is to put your hard earned $ into a quality top end only to sacrifice it for a worn out bottom end. It is not hard to do. If you feel any play up and down on the crank than its shot. Some side to side play is "ok" as long as it is within spec. The measurements can be found in the downloadable manual on the forum here.

Plus digging into the motor always gives a feeling of accomplishment knowing that you did it yourself and that you took the time to do things right. Im not saying your bottom end is bad,,, but you should surely check it to make sure..

The best thing is if you have any questions there is allot of knowledgeable folks on here to help you every step of the way......

Reactions: Keep It Rockin
4 sure I'm going to split the cases and put some new bearings and seals in there and a new crank. there's metal fragments everywhere in there. it's pricey but it'll be worth it. in the process finishing up a frame job and I'm ordering everything Wednesday