Well I'm about in kill myself mode

99LRDblaster

Jan 25, 2011
Delphos/Columbus, Ohio
f*ckin Blaster!!! X(

I was strapping up to do the leakdown test......had to dremel down holeshots leakdown tester on the edge to make it fit into my completely stock manifold since I requested it for my 35mm carb. I:I Anyways got that done and put in and I was thinking all was good.......just screw up the rubber gasket on the exhaust port and we are on our way.........nope.

Tightening the SOB down and pop.....f*cking threads on the cylinder ripped out.....I didn't even have the SOB that tight either.
madrun.gif
suicide2.gif

sFun_explosive.gif

chaingun.gif

Well there might or might not be some good news. After torching the bolt and cleaning it up, I put some red threadlock on the end of it and managed to "thread" it in. Meaning it's either just grabbing shredded metal, or there are still some threads left. I'm letting it sit overnight then tomorrow morning I'll give it a try and see if it's in there or not. In the mean time I just dremeled down the PVC pipe to fit into the intake for the leakdown tester.

oh shoot! all is lost man. time to send that pipe and silencer to me...

chances are only the outer few rings stripped and theres still good threads down in there, check the depth with a piece of wire, then find/make a bolt just shy of that depth plus the thickness of the flange and it will prolly be ok

chances are only the outer few rings stripped and theres still good threads down in there, check the depth with a piece of wire, then find/make a bolt just shy of that depth plus the thickness of the flange and it will prolly be ok

It looked like last night there were still some threads in there. I put some red threadlocker on it and put it back in. Some are stripped, but I think there might still be some back there. It might have rattled out partially, but I never saw any exhaust leaks down there, soooo :-/ At any rate, I will know here shortly when I try the leakdown test again.

ouch... hopefully it sticks. maybe run it lean 1st ride and go over some wash board stuff get it nice and hot by the header and lotsa vibrations very close to home or your truck/hauling rig...

I just bought a time cert kit and some extra time certs bc i pulled 3 studs in my cylinder when torquing the head down. I guess i should put those in today. lol

Looked good today while I did the leakdown test. I put them on pretty tight to seal up the motor and the partially stripped one took it and didn't rip out, so sigh of relief so far and it looks like all is well.

Not a big deal to tap and die.......it's a just a time consuming pain in the ass and one of those things that are just "in the way". haha

You're 85 years old.....I wouldn't want to get you into a situation where you might hurt yourself. :D

lmao! but hey that sucks! im thinking about puttin on these reed adaptors and this worries me. since i been fiddling with the intake alot lately, changing the reed peddles twice and all. i heard something like lubing the bolt, put some weld liquid on it and bolt it in but not tight. then in the mornin u could unbolt it now u have new threads. then put it back in. dont take my word for it i just read that sumwhere i forgot where