Water cooling to the rescue!!

Rubbersalt

Feb 3, 2011
wichita Kansas
Alright, I have done some thinking and thinking and thinking. I am GOING to make a water cooled blaster cylinder. NOT a DT200 top end.

The plan is to convert the air cooled cylinder into a water cooled cylinder. It will involve extensive modification, but the gains should be worth it. Now here is my problem.

DT200 water pumps are hard to come accross it seems. So i need an alternative.

I read once that a guy used a water pump off another bike/atv that worked, does anyone know of this? Any one have any suggestions.

With enough machining a mechanical water pump could be fitted but you would probably be better off to put a DC conversion on the blasty and fit an electric circulation pump. If the hoses are routed correctly, most of the circulation action will be thermal.. aided by the circulation pump.

sounds great i also have heard that someone has used one off a dirt bike which one idk but i wanna see some of this work have you guys started anything have you?

i thought of a modded water-cooled WR500 Jug and since they both have huge cooling fins (WR500 and YFS200) i'm sure the concept could be applied.

i wanted to drill passages thru the cooling fins and route some sort of piping for water flow and run a small electric pump to run the water thru the piping and to a radiator.

now would it work? I'm not sure, was just a concept idea

this guy makes/sales an electric pump for what looks to be $45

actually i like this whole setup for the money

Purchasing

My only concern is how much the pump can handle. To much and the pump will just go real slow.

I have found this pump for $132. It would be sufficient for this, easy. Uses 19.5 Watts of power peak.

My LED headlight will use 30 watts(bright enough at 16 watts, but i want more lol), Led tail light uses 1 watt, and the pump will be 19.5 watts. Power isn't an issue here, actualy should leave me a tiny bit of room to spare!

Now I saw a battery rigged up recently, I'd do the same for the electric water pump.