water cooled blaster?

Grommet

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland, TN
A buddy of mine told me the Blaster motor used to be a water-cooled dirtbike motor. If this is true could anyone provide me with the specifics or point me in a direction where I could find out?
I know blasties don't really need to be water cooled, especially one that is almost completely stock. I'm really more curious than anything.

A buddy of mine told me the Blaster motor used to be a water-cooled dirtbike motor. If this is true could anyone provide me with the specifics or point me in a direction where I could find out?
I know blasties don't really need to be water cooled, especially one that is almost completely stock. I'm really more curious than anything.

Your referring to the DT200 motor. Exact same motor as the blaster minus the cylinder and cylinder head. They're common motors in other countries but are hard to get your hands on. The DT motor produced, i believe 32 HP.

If you Google " Water Cooled Yamaha Blaster Head " you will find a guy who makes a complete watercooled head kit with radiator and pump . He custom makes the head for your displacement , so if you are running stock , or if you are running a big bore kit its handled. Its $250.00 , and he also sells the individual heads in case you go from stock to a 240 set-up , the heads are modular so the head stays the same the only change is the compression dome . Its a solid set up , I plan on adding it to my blaster . Yes it would be nice to have a fully watercooled cylinder and head , but its a good start , I can imagine a CNC milled watercooled cylinder for the blaster would be all kinds of Cheddar , but would be sick .

If you Google " Water Cooled Yamaha Blaster Head " you will find a guy who makes a complete watercooled head kit with radiator and pump . He custom makes the head for your displacement , so if you are running stock , or if you are running a big bore kit its handled. Its $250.00 , and he also sells the individual heads in case you go from stock to a 240 set-up , the heads are modular so the head stays the same the only change is the compression dome . Its a solid set up , I plan on adding it to my blaster . Yes it would be nice to have a fully watercooled cylinder and head , but its a good start , I can imagine a CNC milled watercooled cylinder for the blaster would be all kinds of Cheddar , but would be sick .

Yamaha Blaster High Performance Liquid Cooling Kit

theres the website. it looks pretty cool

Okay. So here is what I have discovered so far:

The dt200r is just a water cooled head with the blaster bottom end, which we have already established here..
The dt230r supposedly has the same bottom end as the dt200, which would seem to mean I could bolt the 230 right on to the blasty.
BUT, the 230 is electric start, so how could it have the same bottom end?
I'm trying to do more research, but all I have for the internet right now is my phone. :(

Got any questions about this I'm in the middle of a DT200 swap and have done extensive research on multiple things. It's not just a swap, more involved then that. I am making a replica cylinder in november, not for money. I'll explain more when my build begins. Just PM me and I'll link you to any information or resource you need DT200R DT200L related.

I've been a postwhore today, sorry everyone, just bored and trying to catch up.