Vito's +3 crank issue-piece of sh*t product.

96blaster_200

Oct 10, 2008
that piece of sh*t Vito's crank put me throw hell..
after i did a complete overhaul on the blasters engine it would run for 1-2 minutes and get stuck like i couldn't even get the kick down..
after i checked every thing 5 times i disassembled the engine and the crank bearings were fried as f*ck..
the vito's crank chicks are 0.2 millimeters thicker then the original so when you close the cases the crank puts too much pressure on the bearings making them burn and seize the engine..

that's just f*cked up that you pay money for something you think is a good product and need to invest more money for making it worked..
so when you put the vito's crank please do your self a favor and check the crank bearings clearance.
I'm pissed as f*ck I'm going to get new crank bearings tomorrow and turn them 0.2 millimeters down so they wont burn..

i grinded the cases a lot because the rod was hitting but never mind that,i knew i had to grind the cases because they informed me about that.
but no one told me that i needed to do something with the crank bearings.

well what can you do man..
i sent them an email so at least future buyers of the crank wont suffer as me installing it..

i put a 3mm vito's crank in mine, and put new "allballs" crankbearings and seals in and haven't had any problems with it.

(knock on wood) so far it's great!!!

you might try emailing Paul from the vito's website, he was really helpful when i had problems getting my blaster jetted right.

usually they care alot about their customers' satisfaction.

they did everything they could to help me. I have never had anyone be that helpful before.

hmmm sounds like an installation problem ,never heard of this before and i sure do know alot of people who have a 3mm vitos crank ,i have installed many myself too ,no special machining of the main bearings is needed sounds like yo u got the wrong bearings.. not the wrong crank,why oddball fagg bearings ? id get american made ones known to be made for the yfs200 like alballz,not sure i understand your post for the clearance issue

I had no problems installing it and has been a great crank so far.When I put mine in I did not have to relieve the cases either.

you must have no idea what your doing, the crank does not come with bearings, I have used that crank at least 20 times and never had a problem, some cases need to be touched up but not very often, you need to explain how you assemble things you have done something wrong and you may do it again

I found out that the right main is similar to some other manufactured bearings but was 1mm thicker than stock. This may have been you're problem. I ended up buying some allballs instead.

lets straighten some things out.
iv did over 100 engine overhauls since i was 15,i have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing,i work at my uncle engines head shop so i have a pretty good idea of measuring things out.
the bearings are exactly the same,after i turned the bearings 0.02 down the engine works fine.
so don't try to make me look like an idiot because my English is kinda lame..

do you really think all balls or what ever they called manufacture there own bearings?
please...
look at there site it says:"Feature Koyo and Nachi Bearings (precision Japanese crank bearings)"
All Balls Products
and koyo are piece of sh*t bearings that don't even come near to the fag c3 bearings quality ask any one that works with bearings like electric engines re-builders/engineers and will see what they'll tell you.

why would you turn down bearings? and what part did you do it to? you are the only one thats had a problem thats all, to come on here and rant and rave usually meens a first timer, and I've seen alot of mechanics that have worked on things for years and they still can't get it right, and if you can't spell people just assume your an idiot

Hey I didn't mean to insult. I just made a suggestion from my personal experience. That just because of reference numbers I got a bearing that measured thicker than stock, about 1mm. The cases wouldn't close with these bearings, so I replaced them with replacements that where stock equivalent. I watched the guy at the bearing shop measure 4 times between the new and old stock bearing, I thought it would work till I put them in. I noticed the bearings seemed to stick out farther than stock(first clue). The second being that I still had a gap in the case and crank didn't turn.