Vitos 240

It is a very good choice of cylinders. Imo the Ct is better but from all I hear about the Airsal is good as well. Like stated above it is a Nikasil lined cylinder. Resists wear much better than the others though.

i think I'm just gonna get another namura piston and cylinder kit. I don't have much money right now. maybe i just got a bad piston?

Ok guys I'm getting my cylinder rebored and getting some ports cleaned up will my stock carb be ok with porting?

Yes it will be just fine u can replace the carb with a pwk 28 and not have to change the intake manifold but if you get a 34mm or bigger you need a bigger intake manifold and a new airbox is recommended

A big bore kit is a huge investment! You are right with just sticking to something simple if you don't have the funds. A big bore build is not something that should be done over time. Wait until you have more than enough money.

I am just recently wrapping up my 240 with +3 build I've been working on for months. Still have barely even started the first break in tank because there are lots of little things that you run into that will require more money and lost time waiting on parts.

If you want it done right and done right the first time, there is more to it than just the cylinder kit and carb. You need to find a good pipe to match, modify air box or buy cfm or something like that, porting, reeds to help flow, and other little things that go on like intake manifold, throttle cable, many jets and most likely slide and needle, etc.

Not trying to tell you not to do a build like that but you need to LOTS of research, talk to builders like Ken, save, save, and then save some more because you never know what you are going to run into along the way.

If money is an issue, why are you looking at $500 cylinders?
Larry's Shee, AWK08 and JoeAK47, know what they are talking about (read their old posts!) AND ALL AGREE.
So listen to them.

You don't need to buy a lot of stuff to make these engines work, even to make 32hp.
A cylinder and head from Ken would be a good place to start and best bang for your buck. Even a $60 modified head by itself will amaze you. As JoeAK47 said: "A ported stock cylinder, re-chambered head, stock carb, and a good pipe will get you 30+ HP with ease."

I totally agree, it is not complicated or expensive and it totally thrilling to ride.

Steve

Reactions: dirtysquared