Vitos 240

What carb for a vitos 240 ported would I need a stock cylinder is the same price as a 240

I am not certain about the Hp numbers but I can tell you, you will not get a ported 240 unless it is from the link I posted earlier. You can buy a 240 kit from anywhere but they are not going to be ported. This kit you just posted uses a Piston with a cut out on the exhaust to advance the exhaust port timing. There is nothing wrong with that but it is not a "complete" port job. There is much more to it than just a modified piston and thinner head gasket.

If you want a real good 240 cyl or even a 200cc kit I would go with Ct. http://ctracing.net/site/atv-performance/yamaha-2/blaster-200/ Even then, I would get it untouched and have a reputable builder port it.

all I can say is WOW :confused: You are all over the place with questions that aren't related. Some of which makes me think you may not be ready for a 240 BBK. FYI, you need a 3mil stroker crank with that kit to get 240.

You need a manifold, throttle cable, and be able to adapt to air filter with that carb.

Your last link is to what Vito' sells. Their reference to "Performance port timing" is just that. Not the same as "ported". It's like comparing a stock camshaft to street performance cam. Porting can be anywhere from a "clean-up" port job, which removes all casting flaws (boogers, snot) maybe a little work @transfers. To more aggressive porting where major work is done, including, but not limited to changing port times. FYI, 1mm change to a port height would be a major change in timing.

You have to think of everything as a "package" everything has to work together to reach YOUR goals. While more power is nice, will it be practicle where you ride and how you ride. To get maximum power you have to give up low end power, driveability, to an extent.

In your spare time do some searching on here about BBKs, strokers, bigger carbs. Speaking of carbs, I would purchase from CPW or Sudco. They can set it up closer to what you will need as to jets, needles, slides, etc.

don't get drawn into the "triple exhaust port" thing. Ken can get a stock cylinder ported properly for you. Try your stock carb first... THEN try a bigger carb. A bigger carb does NOT mean big power. A bigger carb will only help a bit on the top end...maybe. Depends on your riding style. Who rides at 8,700 rpm all the time? The stock VM26 Mikuni handles the task just fine and is easy to tune, plus it fits the stock intake and air box boot. Its fun spending money on your bike, but put it where it counts... A ported cylinder, re-chambered head, good pipe and silencer, and a quality filter (UNI filter). You can add upgraded reeds later too with the bigger carb, but start with the stock reeds. They don't cost you anything, and they work very well. A ported stock cylinder, re-chambered head, stock carb, and a good pipe will get you 30+ HP with ease.

Bore X Bore X stroke X .0007854 = your displacement . Ex. like Larry said,, a stock Blaster is really a 195cc. ( 66mm bore and a 57mm stroke = 66 x 66 x 57 x .0007854 =195cc. ) Then if you want to be exact for some reason you can figure every over bore and see the small difference it makes.

Stock stroke and a 72mm piston,, Aka; Big bore kit like you have been linking to a Vito's 240 cyl .. It comes to be Actually a 232..

so a vitos 240 will bolt up if I'm correct? and i would just port my cylinder but its one of those cheap replica cylinders

yes the vitos 240 bolts right up without any other modifications and its not like those cheap cylinders..the quality is very good except for some casting flaws (oem cylinders have casting flaws too) but atleast the ports are champhered. all 240 kits are 240 only on the last bore

alright so i would need a pwk 35mm carb vitos 240 kit? is that all?
will the stock airbox be ok for now?
I have tors removed will that throttle cable be ok?
What jets should i start out with i have open lid with fmf power core 2 gold series.
Im at 280 main
pilot stock
.5 turns out
needle stock

a stock carb will work just fine but u could use a 35 air stryker or a 34 pj if u want but its not needed
stock airbox will work for now but its restrictive and not the best if u dont want to spend the money on a cfm one a airbox for a 250r fits