Vforce 4 reeds??

Here's my take...

First off...STOCK REEDS work VERY GOOD!

Second...I'm running the Vforce3's and can say that they definitely increased throttle response. Nice and crisp! They fit perfectly,and are well made.

However...there is no way in hell that I'm going to get sucked into the bullsh*t that the Vforce4 reed assemblys makes 4 to 5 HP more than the Vforce3's

Give me a break:-/

All I can say is...SHOW ME!

Perhaps its the decals that come with the reeds that magically add 4 to 5 HP more.

B-U-L-L S-H-*-T

lol...mabe if we wait another 3 or 4 yrs, they will design VF5's...they should make about 10 to 20 hp gain by then 8-|8-|

Yeah ...that and they'll also add 120CC's to your cylinder.8-|

Imagine thi..."Bolt in these reeds and add 10 to 20 more horse power over Vforce4's PLUS ADD 120CC's to your engine all with a simple bolt on".

Advertisements like that remind me of stupid things from the past like the all mighty...."AMP LINK" remember that stupid thing?

Yeah ...that and they'll also add 120CC's to your cylinder.8-|

Imagine thi..."Bolt in these reeds and add 10 to 20 more horse power over Vforce4's PLUS ADD 120CC's to your engine all with a simple bolt on".

Advertisements like that remind me of stupid things from the past like the all mighty...."AMP LINK" remember that stupid thing?

lol amp link...they wanted a hundred+ for them things too i think lol

Sad news for both of you doubters.....the amp link works wonders for keeping the rear suspension from locking up under hard acceleration and replaces the 2 plastic rollers that luv to go bad all the time, they are still around and 1 will be on my bike by next season.
Have either of you used or know anyone who has? To say its bunk?
I know at least 2 people on here who run them and swear by them!

some of you guys kill me..... "if I can't make it at home in my garage for a few dollars, it can't be any good" ?

We've got an amplink on one of our blasters and it plants the rear end. really puts the power to the ground. I like it.

Played with my jetting all weekend to see what worked best with the vforce4's. Ended up putting everything back to stock. It worked best that way. Really liked the throttle response and seems to pull harder up top. Vforce 4's = good product

Sad news for both of you doubters.....the amp link works wonders for keeping the rear suspension from locking up under hard acceleration and replaces the 2 plastic rollers that luv to go bad all the time, they are still around and 1 will be on my bike by next season.
Have either of you used or know anyone who has? To say its bunk?
I know at least 2 people on here who run them and swear by them!

some of you guys kill me..... "if I can't make it at home in my garage for a few dollars, it can't be any good" ?

nope...and dont really care if they do or dont work for the price of them.

Bahahahah, read all the same $hit and I'm still stupid enough to try a Amp Link ... and I made new stainless rollers and installed new bearings in my garage for a few dollars ... LOL ... They make a lotta noise & the bearings don't last long ... bought a half dozen bearings ... I just want to see for myself if it will let the suspension work a little better through the whoops at the base of dunes under heavy acceleration ... way more fun testin than listening to second hand facts from experts :)
~
nets1b.jpg

one way to look at that a lot of VF3 owners will be upgrading and you can swoop in and steal the likely marginally less good VF3's for 1/4-1/2 the cost

meh, some late adopters might buy the vf3's, i won't do it, but most are going to go vf4's. hell, i don't think the 4's are as much as new 3's were or are.

I don't say that...as a matter of fact I encourage people to try to do it themselves.

PLUS....

Better than saying..."Products made at home suck and Its not any good unless I fall for all the hyped up bullsh*t and pay top dollar for somebody else to do it or make it because I have no skills other than using a credit card,or watching american idol on tv"

A good friend of mine purchased and used an "Amp Link" for his banshee when they first came out. Had lots of trouble with the rollers wearing out on the unit (over and over again). Wasn't very happy with it.

I have many skills,and I like knowing that I can do almost anything myself.:)

one way to look at that a lot of VF3 owners will be upgrading and you can swoop in and steal the likely marginally less good VF3's for 1/4-1/2 the cost

Not me I like mine.

I look at it this way... If you have stock reeds and want to up-grade...go for the Vforce4's,if you already have the Vforce3's,why waste your money? That $130 to $140 can be put toward something that really makes a difference. Like....

PORTING!

AMP LINK Here's a little something from the McDizzy site...

The Question - We see a few threads in this BBS about the Amp Link. We don't have one. We have after market high hardness chain rollers made of a black "Delrin" like material that we have upgraded with sealed Timken bearings. Of course, the stock bearings in the after market rollers were made in CHINA--they gave up, one trip out. Anyway, get to the point. If you walk thru the campground in the beautiful Oregon Dunes, on any big 3-day weekend, you'll see dozens of ATV's that clearly show that money wa$ NO OBJECT when they were built. The very best of everything. Of these many hi-tech ATV's you'll see nary an Amp Link.

What's the deal?? Do they work or not?? Comments??

The Response - Funny thing about that... I think the technology is probably sound, that is to say - I doubt they'll get in any trouble with the law for representing the product the way they do. In theory, the devise should work as designed. It may do what its supposed to but I'll not have one on my Quad. I noticed a Dyno test of a Banshee with one of the links installed on it about a year ago. In back to back (Amp link on during dyno test, Amp link off during dyno test) runs the tests revealed a 4 HP loss at the peak and a couple of HP across the rest of the power band. HP is too hard to come by to be throwing it away with add ons like that one - it just creates too much friction.

There's so much tension of the chain and the rollers with that devise. The bearings will wear out in no time. Especially if you ride in sand or muddy conditions. I'll save my money for new chain and sprockets. I seem to have to get new ones about every 7 to 10 days of riding/racing. Maybe someone else has some specific information about the kind of riding where the link improved things.

hmmmm....wonder how bo (lasxgames) won all these, while running an amp research link ?.........

2006 Blaster with 3 undisputed Supercross Championship Titles. 6 undisputed Supercross Championship Titles with 90cc to the Blaster and 450. AMA Dist. 23 champion

wasn't his bike vastly underpowered by the HP robbing amplink ???
or while the higher HP. bikes were spinning their wheels, bo was puttin his -4 hp. down to the ground ??

the amp-link is mx racing based and proven,
it's no wonder mcdizzy saw none at the " i got the highest hp banshee sand dunes "

i have a stock blaster that when it revs up it takes a while to return to idle. anybody know whats wrong?

meh, some late adopters might buy the vf3's, i won't do it, but most are going to go vf4's. hell, i don't think the 4's are as much as new 3's were or are.

yea, the retail price should drop on vf3's.

got my vf4's in this week.

should be feeding C16 and klotz by the end of this weekend

banshee's and blaster's

20120928174938.jpg

Last edited:
i have a stock blaster that when it revs up it takes a while to return to idle. anybody know whats wrong?
Most likely you're running air fuel lean. Like mentioned earlier this could be because of poor jetting or a dirty air filter.