VF3 reed cage porting

Ok I got the plastic work done! Went from a 1 1/4" opening to a full 2" opening she will have all the air mix she needs!

2mr8sh1.jpg

I was thinking of opening up those "windows" too i just haven't convinced myself that i could do that , i do not have a steady hand....

How has that held up , The reeds i mean i also wondered if it would open them up too much and get breakage!

lookin good bob !!!!!

BTW....... hows the black dremel boogers ????
hard and easy to pick, or the sticky brand ???

I'd like to see some dyno sheets on this I'm willing to bet there isn't any difference in power or responsiveness... Moto tassinari has been in the reed valve business for many years. I don't think they would put something on the shelf that hadn't had plenty of R&D to be the best most efficient and responsive design. My .02

I'd like to see some dyno sheets on this I'm willing to bet there isn't any difference in power or responsiveness... Moto tassinari has been in the reed valve business for many years. I don't think they would put something on the shelf that hadn't had plenty of R&D to be the best most efficient and responsive design. My .02

I could swear I've posted these exact thoughts somewhere else on here.

Reactions: HillBillyES
I could swear I've posted these exact thoughts somewhere else on here.

Glad someone's on the same page as me!!! I've not played much with blasters I'm more of a banshee guy but bought this blown one for cheap... Figured I'd get on here to check out the for sale section, and help out some people so I can buy/sell

I can see porting you cage to lineup better with your intake, just to keep the flow smother.
Like when you bolt you intake on and put your finger in it and feel a little step or ridge between them.
I would not go very crazy porting it because you may mess it up more then you help.

Well if the 30 minutes to widen the reed cage ports doesn't add any advantage then you wasted 30 minutes, but if there was dyno sheets showing a better curve for this free mod then a lot of people would care

And that's your opinion. Better air floe is better air flow regardless how it's obtained. If your not willing to try something, that's that's all you have is an opinion. Dyno sheet or not. Get yourself a set of reeds and do a before and after so you can prove your point. If your not willing to do it, than keep your opinions to yourself. That's my .02 cents