Variable length intakes

i am going to go ahead and say that yamaha mad the v-max motor.
and you are talking about the YCC-I. and guess what, it was first used on the R1.

i am going to go ahead and say that yamaha mad the v-max motor.
and you are talking about the YCC-I. and guess what, it was first used on the R1.
a no actually harley did. ever look at a vrod (porsche made)and go gosh...that sure kinda looks like a vmax motor. as much as i dont want to believe it cause i hate harleys so much and my harley tech friends love to rub all that in my face. but yes actually harley made that motor first and had it in a bike. but they never put it into production. a lil more trivia for ya too...did you know harleys were made in japan too in the 40s? yeah but its turns out we cant kind find to much info on it but a few photos. the reason being maybe you heard of it but in WW2 we bombed the citys they were made in. nagasaki and hiroshima. harley has been in bed with yamaha and other companys just as well for years and years.

Wow i have not updated in long while. Lets see, we decided on a linear variable intake (trombone esk). I designed a new throttle body that we will using this year. We are a set of pillow blocks away from having everything ready for our chassis dyno. sorry for the sh*tty pic.
downsized_1117001930.jpg

I know the 89-95 Taurus SHO's had variable length intake runners. Yamaha was ahead of the game with that engine. I had a 92 Taurus SHO. Hearing the secondary intake runners open up is sweet.

No numbers yet, we will be testing soon though. We are starting alot of things this week. We are tearing down the old car, deciding what we want to keep and what we dont. We are starting the new car's frame and we should be able to 3d print our variable intake design.

sounds cool post pics yo:) btw typically the longer fuel is atomized the more torque the engine will develop.