us2- 2 stroke oil

mac_44_2010

Jul 17, 2012
evat michigan/ madison wisconsin
so i got this stuff from shop next to mine going to try it out when i get my quad back together says to mix one of these with a gallon of gas. any one else every seen these?:-/

17q0y8.jpg

Is it a lawn & garden shop by chance? The manufacturer of this stuff is recommending that you mix this at 70:1, this might be ok for a really small bore engine like a weed whacker but I wouldn't trust it on a Blaster. Maybe US2 knows something I don't, but this is probably just clever marketing on their part to sell their oil at $1+ an ounce. Stick with a respected oil at 32:1 mix and save yourself some headaches.

Haha no its a semi trailer repair shop lol I was surprised they it. Its one of them shop that has a lil bit of every thing ya know. I check out there web site they say it can be used in any 2 stroke engine but what im getting out of it is it has fuel stabilizer in(12 months). So what im thinking is you put in with your last tank of fuel of the season so that way it starts easyer in the spring or for that middle of winter ride lol

I use a Homelite oil in my weed whacker and blower that has sta-bil in it and I've never had problems with them. My power equipment that is worth more than $100 gets Sta-Bil or Sea Foam added to every tank. With the exception of my boat, I'll drain the fuel and replace it if it has been sitting more than a few months. I may be wasting some money out the tail pipe but I figure it is cheap insurance against fuel system problems and premature engine failure.

I have used sta-bil before worked alright. I have heard mixed reviews on sea foam thro gives your cars some problems lol. Just like if you buy gas and the sign at the pump says my contain up to 10% menthol you dont have to buy that gas line antifreeze crap( that comes in a yellow bottle 90% of the time). all it is is menthol

Fire departments, Municipalities and School Districts are discovering the advantages of using US2 in all of their two-cycle equipment. US2's single-mix feature eliminates the need for multiple gas cans and keeping track of different mix ratios. One can of fuel mixed with US2 covers all mix ratios in all makes, models and brands of 2-cycle equipment. Fire departments, whose equipment can go unused for extended periods of time, like the fact that US2 contains 24 month fuel stabilizer blended right in. They know that, with the fuel-stabilizer feature, their gas will stay fresh and their equipment will start when needed. US2 is smokeless which is important to the equipment operator and there is less impact to the environment. In fact, US2 burns so clean the same fuel mixed with it can be used in 4-cycle engines as well. You can literally run all your equipment from the same fuel can without fouling spark plugs, causing carbon buildup or spark arrestor restriction when mixed per the instructions on the package. US2 not only delivers all of these features, it also carries the highest rating available for a two-cycle oil, ISO-E-GD+.

This must be one hell of a good oil , or it is a big load of bull crap, I prefer to go with the second choice.

70:1 in a weed whacker, these little high revving motors need a lot more oil than that.

Try it if you must but give me bean oil everytime.

Fire departments, Municipalities and School Districts are discovering the advantages of using US2 in all of their two-cycle equipment. US2's single-mix feature eliminates the need for multiple gas cans and keeping track of different mix ratios. One can of fuel mixed with US2 covers all mix ratios in all makes, models and brands of 2-cycle equipment. Fire departments, whose equipment can go unused for extended periods of time, like the fact that US2 contains 24 month fuel stabilizer blended right in. They know that, with the fuel-stabilizer feature, their gas will stay fresh and their equipment will start when needed. US2 is smokeless which is important to the equipment operator and there is less impact to the environment. In fact, US2 burns so clean the same fuel mixed with it can be used in 4-cycle engines as well. You can literally run all your equipment from the same fuel can without fouling spark plugs, causing carbon buildup or spark arrestor restriction when mixed per the instructions on the package. US2 not only delivers all of these features, it also carries the highest rating available for a two-cycle oil, ISO-E-GD+.

I sure hope that the manufacturer does not claim this, as using a fuel with oil added in a 4 stroke, without rejetting, is going to produce a lean mix, which may cause piston trauma caused by extra heat.

I would never run that in one of my machines.I just wouldnt trust it.I use something similar for my weedwackers,leaf blowers etc Hell my ice auger only gets klotz.Let us know how it works out for you.

If you add oil oil to the fuel that you put in a 4 stroke you effectivly lean out the fuel/air mix, not a real smart thing to do.

If they are saying things like that they deserved to be graped.

IF that claim is legit, and the oil really has been tested to ISO L-EGD and/or JASO FD standards, it is of high enough quality that it won't hurt your engine if mixed to the proper ratio. AMSOIL, Red Armor, Powerblend, and other leading brands of air-cooled 2-cycle oils are tested to these standards, as a way to prove to the buying public that they are of good quality. That said, mixing any brand of oil at 70:1 is dangerous in a Blaster's engine. At least I won't do it on my bike. Too lean.

The fuel stabilizer claim is bogus. As a firefighter AND a mechanic who has to deal with screwed-up small engine fuel systems on a daily basis, there is no way a little thrown-in fuel stabilizer is going to make your fuel last for months on end. Without going on a long rant, suffice it to say that maintaining freshness is only part of the problem with storing today's poor-quality gasoline. Phase separation and water contamination are also of concern. Ethanol causes all kinds of fuel problems that no chemical additive will completely solve. A product called Ethanol Shield HELPS, but isn't a cure-all. Star-Brite's Star-Tron additive is also successful. Though you still need to use up all the gas within a couple months or you'll be asking for trouble.

Bottom line on the oil? I'd run it without worry in my 2-cycle power equipment, mixed 50:1. But I wouldn't trust it in my Blaster. Not when better-known and proven oils are readily-available.

Take the advice of a silly old fart until you have seen or hear some great raving on how good the oil is or not.

Walk away. Stick with the tried and true!