Upgrade estimates

NWC-Lucas

Aug 13, 2013
I have a customer asking about upgrading his blaster. I just finished doing the following to his blaster:
fully disassembled, sandblasted, repainted, and reassembled.
all new bearings and bushings everywhere.
new seat cover
bored engine .050 over with new piston and gaskets
new chain gear ratios
new handle bar pad
new custom suspension front and rear
K&N filter upgrade
clean and new jets on carb
new custom decals
all new cables
tors eliminated
new rims
FMF fatty exhaust
all new wiring ran.

all that's been done, but this is his little pride and joy and hes wondering what other customizations or upgrades he could do. he is on a budget, and I offered to get used parts if I could and rebuild them in needed. he thought of nerf bars, front hydraulic breaks, wide rear axle, and front widening kit. im looking for rough estimates on those upgrades for just used parts. also any other upgrade ideas? I thought of some of those aftermarket plastics you see on ebay, but I don't know how well the bolts would line up or if I would have to drill and tap new threads? more time means more labor means more money for my customer. I want to avoid that at all possible. im open to any and all brain storming ideas! thanks!

Lucas Boss
Northwoods Customs

What year? older style will be 150-200 on rear brakes.

Arms are 500-600 for ASR +3 +1

Axle you can use a banshee axle IF you have the newer style (03+)

it is the old style, 88-02. I do have a spare 2006 frame though if I would need to switch out frames. also what do you mean with the +3 and +1?

Definitely new front hood! I would get the one piece race hood, the stock plastics on the old model are disgusting.

Just curious why you are a part of this forum. You constantly say blasters are under powered and now the stock plastics are disgusting. It seems all you try to do is promote those POS 4 pokes.

HAHAHA someone is butt hurt now aren't we! I've rebuilt, owned, and built more Blaster's than you have probably ever put a hand on. I state the facts and you don't like them. Stock, Blasters are very underpowered. Stock, I think the old style plastics look ugly. That's an opinion. These quads are good to mod and no good to leave alone. Why did you put the plastics on your Blaster that you did? Because it looks better than stock. Why did you do the engine mods that you did? Because the stock engine was sluggish and weak. I bring out the good points and shine some light on the fact that four strokes are the future and can just as effectively be built into a powerhouse. So now it is YOU doing the bashing with the "POS" comment. So please explain to me what you don't like about the TRX450R? Since you've apparently owned several. Right? Because you would need to in order to rightfully decide whether they are a "POS" or not. So lets hear it. Pollute this thread all you'd like!

I'm not on a 4 stroke forum pointing out flaws and trying to convince everybody to buy a 2 stroke. It's apparent you don't like blasters. I thought you forgot that this was BLASTERforum.

I'm providing facts and information to people who ask for it. I don't mind Blasters, I grew up on them. And once I'd had enough with them, I moved up to something that fit me better and provided the power that satisfied me. If this was a YFZ forum I would provide information to people who asked. Same if it was an LTZ, TRX, Banshee, TRX250R, whatever you want. Hell, if it was a horse forum I'd add input where I saw fit. But I simply answered his question with what I would do next. Which is a race hood to eliminate the IMO ugly front plastics.

Front bumper! Yes, I would replace that too lol. Looks like a saw horse bolted to the front lol. Does its job and they are decently strong, just not attractive in my opinion.

HAHAHA someone is butt hurt now aren't we! I've rebuilt, owned, and built more Blaster's than you have probably ever put a hand on. I state the facts and you don't like them. Stock, Blasters are very underpowered. Stock, I think the old style plastics look ugly. That's an opinion. These quads are good to mod and no good to leave alone. Why did you put the plastics on your Blaster that you did? Because it looks better than stock. Why did you do the engine mods that you did? Because the stock engine was sluggish and weak. I bring out the good points and shine some light on the fact that four strokes are the future and can just as effectively be built into a powerhouse. So now it is YOU doing the bashing with the "POS" comment. So please explain to me what you don't like about the TRX450R? Since you've apparently owned several. Right? Because you would need to in order to rightfully decide whether they are a "POS" or not. So lets hear it. Pollute this thread all you'd like!

The only reason that four strokes are the future is because of the government. And lets just face it, All of the older ATV styles were UGLY compared to the NEW styles!

Four strokes are getting to the point where they are the future due to the fact that two strokes haven't received improvements in years. And they won't either. I can build a TRX450R just as cheaply and I can build a TRX250R and I can have more power on top of that too. Rebuilds are just as cheap despite what people here say.

I actually prefer my bumper over most after markets, not for looks but because it does stick out and blocks small trees and brush when you take that occasional trip off trail to avoid the wannabe mx rider who dumped his bike in front of you.

I have a customer asking about upgrading his blaster. I just finished doing the following to his blaster:
fully disassembled, sandblasted, repainted, and reassembled.
all new bearings and bushings everywhere.
new seat cover
bored engine .050 over with new piston and gaskets
new chain gear ratios
new handle bar pad
new custom suspension front and rear
K&N filter upgrade
clean and new jets on carb
new custom decals
all new cables
tors eliminated
new rims
FMF fatty exhaust
all new wiring ran.

all that's been done, but this is his little pride and joy and hes wondering what other customizations or upgrades he could do. he is on a budget, and I offered to get used parts if I could and rebuild them in needed. he thought of nerf bars, front hydraulic breaks, wide rear axle, and front widening kit. im looking for rough estimates on those upgrades for just used parts. also any other upgrade ideas? I thought of some of those aftermarket plastics you see on ebay, but I don't know how well the bolts would line up or if I would have to drill and tap new threads? more time means more labor means more money for my customer. I want to avoid that at all possible. im open to any and all brain storming ideas! thanks!

Lucas Boss
Northwoods Customs

I would like to know what this ^^^ means. Description/pics?