ugh!!help again

aubryblaster97

May 16, 2011
well on my warrior i check the oil dip stick and the oil was pure black so i went to auto zone got the wet clutch type and went to the yamaha shop and got the oil filter so i get home start it up , ride it around then parked it in my shed to drain the oil . well i get everything and i look under it and the the head of the bolt is stripped. what can i do to get it off? i need help asap im gettin ready to go ridin this weekend

try some really good vise grips and see it ya can't break it loose.

on another note if you have issues with warrior why not sign up on yfm350.com? more info than you could ever need over there...

ive heard about weldin a nut on it and takin it off like that but im only 14 and dont have a welder or torch

what i did one time my bolt was stripped and i needed to get the oil out was take off the clutch cover enough to let all the oil pour out. i was lucky and it didnt hurt my gasket so i just loosened the bolts then when it was done i tightened them and its fine

If you can get a good grip with visegrips, tap on the head of the bolt at the same time your trying to loosen it. Don't baby the hits but don't go all Gorilla on it ether.

You could also try hammering on a socket that's one size smaller then what it would normally take. Can can try the same as above but use a breaker bar and hit the bar at the joint above where it go's in the socket.