Trying to figure out some things, any help/advice?

04BLSTR

May 20, 2011
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Hey all,

I've been a member a bit but haven't been on much since I deployed. Before I deployed my plan was to re-build my blaster since the piston got a chip in it and the cyl. wall has some scorching on the side, it over-heated on a very hot day ridin sand trails in NC over the summer.

I pretty much took the whole thing apart minus the motor/tranny before I left and now its sitting till I get back which will be a couple months. My girlfriend wants a blaster as well and I'm gonna teach her to ride when I get back so I found a rolling chassis on craigslist for a good price with alot of brand new parts needed to finish it, all it needs is a motor which I also found on craigslist for 50 bucks so my plan is to re-build these two blasters when I get back.

The motor of craigslist I have no idea what its condition is im sure its gonna need work but I will have my contact back home check it out. Now.. to the point my questions are what exactly am I gonna need to fix my current blaster that over-heated? (as far as I know the bottom end is still solid and tranny is still good. it still turns over and would almost start before i removed it, it just seemed to not be able to build up enough compression.)

Also, Is there any good four wheeler shops near lebanon, PA? Any online sites that sell blaster specific parts?

Also for the second bike i was considering putting a larger motor in it since it don't have one.. are there any motors in the 300 range that'll fit in the frame?

search the site for a bit there are alot of answers for your questions, EastCoastATV is about an hour or so drive from you its in coopersburg. they have used parts and do all motor work you can get in contact with them if your interrested.

http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/

one call does it all, supply the parts and rebuild your motor(s)
costs me an extra $40+ to ship a complete motor from PA. to CT,
$20+ for just a cylinder
but worth every penny

search the site for a bit there are alot of answers for your questions, EastCoastATV is about an hour or so drive from you its in coopersburg. they have used parts and do all motor work you can get in contact with them if your interrested.

I can never seem to find what im looking for and I never have much time to surf the web over here they limit our internet access time and phone calls as a reward for us sacrificing our time and life for them.

EastCoastATV, i think I may have heard about them awhile ago I'll have to look them up.

http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/

one call does it all, supply the parts and rebuild your motor(s)
costs me an extra $40+ to ship a complete motor from PA. to CT,
$20+ for just a cylinder
but worth every penny

I'm checking out their site now. I appreciate the info so far.

Looking at everything I decided I dont want to try putting a larger motor in the second project but rather keep the standard 2 stroke. Its a good motor from my experience and was quick enough for me. Definately good enough for my fiance since shes never rode before.

I'm checking out their site now. I appreciate the info so far.

Looking at everything I decided I dont want to try putting a larger motor in the second project but rather keep the standard 2 stroke. Its a good motor from my experience and was quick enough for me. Definately good enough for my fiance since shes never rode before.

don't hesitate to call ken, he answers almost every call he gets, and will answer any questions you have