trx 250r or ltz 250r

trx250r.......
arguably the best race quad EVER built
parts are everywhere and they're cheap
handle better than an lt250r

the lt250r is still a great choice, but get an 87-92

I have an LT and I still pick the TRX250R. Best ever made all around quad IMO.

They have a huge aftermarket. They have great frame/suspension geomotry.

Dirtwheels just did a shout out with a 86 250r and a 2009 450r and they came out in a tie. So a 20 year old machine that can still hang with new sport quads.

The LTs are great machines also. But it is harder to find parts. The motors arent as strong and not a big aftermarket following. The 85-86 LTs are almost impossable to find aftermarket stuff. The 87-90 are easy to find parts for but still has the suspension with a bunch of linkage. The 91-92 have a MX style rear suspension.

One thing you have to think about is that back in the early days of the quads, the factory Suzuki team used Laeger frames with TRX250R geometry. So Honda had sopmething right.....

i like the way the ltz looks but thats not as important as performance and durability..my blaster isnt as scary as id like it to be im thinking if i get the toomey pipe that i want and the gearing and shocks id be spending so much .might sell the blaster for a down payment for the trx my cusin can get

thats impresive that they can keep up with a 450 those quads are sick.iv never been a big honda fan but they must be doing somthing right.i guess sizuki is more fast looking.does the trx have reverse ? and how many gears does it have

The one thing that you can do with the LT you cant do with the TRX is put a Quadzilla motor in the 250 frame relitive easily.

It is hard to get a CR500 motor in a trx due to bad vibrationd from the dirtbike motor....

The one thing that you can do with the LT you cant do with the TRX is put a Quadzilla motor in the 250 frame relitive easily.

It is hard to get a CR500 motor in a trx due to bad vibrationd from the dirtbike motor....

I got that. You need custom motor mounts, exhaust and the frame still has to be cut in a few places.

Oh ok thats what I thought. I just got a little confused when you asked about reverse. LOL.....

I dont know of any 2 stroke sport/race quads with reverse.

trx250r,, i tried to buy one in pieces the other day for 200! the kid was on drugs or somthing tho. like he was trashed in the middle of the day....:-(