Trinity Racing Pipe Kit

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
I am thoroughly convinced that this is the "budget" version of the F7 pipe we all like. For those who aren't aware, Trinity Racing pipes are made by Power Pros, the same company behind the CT and F7 pipes. I bought mine off ebay for $ 325.00 brand-new this summer. Shipping was free, so that was a bonus.

Am I happy with it? Sort of. The Trinity pipe performs like it should. No problems there. I wont get into the pipe's running characteristics here. There are plenty of other threads that go on and on about this topic.

I will say that the two problems I have with the Trinity pipe are fitment and build quality. Neither one is terrible, but things could be much better. First off, the Trinity pipe has a nickel finish, so its like an FMF in that it isnt uber-shiny straight out of the box and tends to fade over time. Granted, Nickel finishes clean up a little better than chrome (no endless polishing), but I expected it to look better for the $ 325.00 I shelled out. Also, the steel seems thin around the bends on the head pipe and IDK how long it will last. No problems yet, but I ride hard and dirty...

As for mounting one, all you get in the kit is the pipe, flange, and silencer. I had to grab a length of heater hose and two clamps from the local auto parts store to seal the joint between pipe and silencer. No big deal, but I wish TR had included a clamp in their kit. Oh, well. Anyhow, you have to wrestle the pipe and silencer together once both are installed in the frame. It took me 15 mins to get things to where I was happy with fitment before I started tightening bolts and clamps. I do like the fact that the flange on the Trinity header is exhaust-tight. One full season of hard riding later, and there's no spooge leaking out anywhere. A++ on that.

Bottom line? I like the pipe and it provides the promised performance gains, but in this case I can't recommend it. Save your $$ and get an F7 or CT kit. I didnt go this route since F7 pipes were out of stock, and the CT took weeks to get. I needed a pipe within a week and the Trinity fit the bill.

This may not be the case; it just seemed like the pipe wasn't built as well as some of the Power Pro's pipes I've looked at on other people's bikes. I think the main difference between this one and other PP pipes is the lack of a chrome finish, which would obscure some of the imperfections in construction.

It's the same pipe as the F7, that's weird? build, material, thickness, quality should be exact same, I wonder though if finishes are diffrent

I love the performance/sound of my Power pros, From down low to WOT- but the quality is not that great IMO. I have had to weld a pin hole in the seam, and my flange had 1/16" weld protuding on the flange and would not seal no matter how much RTV i used. Finally figured that out grounded down and to seal a flange I recommend cometic exhaust gasket don't use no more RTV!