Trick headlights

shrink tubing at harbor freight, lowes, home depot, radio shack, ace hardware, any auto parts store.....

so i took my bike out for a day ride after i got these lights on there and less than 3 hours into it, one of them totally popped off! sux, now i gotta go and get another set to replace the one.
so learn a lesson from my mistake, after you pull the light to replace the bulb, make sure to put some silicon or something on the light when reinstalling.

hey man i done the whole light swap thing, put smaller bulbs in and there dim as hell,barly coming on. and I've got them wired to the high beem wire do you have clue why

I had the same problem, ground the light wire to the frame. When i grounded the lights to the original wire from the light switch it was dim. Here is my install, will take a pic of lights on also. I wired mine to the low beam and there still way brighter than stock.

PC230027.jpg

what i did is i disconnected (just cut the wire) the low beam circuit, right before the headlight. i've got it wired so only the 2 trick lights run when running low beam (the headlight is off) and only the headlight runs when on high beam (no trick lights). since the headlight is off, the trick lights burn a lot brighter. and having 2 halogens is much brighter than the one incandescent.
the only down side is i've got mine mounted on my front fenders right in the valley between fender and body and that really cuts off my peripheral.
i think i might try mounting em to the bumper.

I've been intrugued by this project. I've got a nice set of sealed LED lights on my Jeep. They're brighter than my Jeep's OEM headlights, and I've often used them as fog lamps. I've even used them as headlights when I had wiring issues with my headlights on the Jeep. Yes, they're that bright.
The amp draw is minimal, and when I hooked one up to my Blaster, it flickered a bit at idle, and flared right to life when I revved the engine. I'm guessing it's because the stator doesn't quite put out enough juice at idle. I've got to look into it a bit more, but I'm guessing running both will draw a bit too much juice.
Is there a stator that puts out better and more consistant power that I could replace my stock stator with?

Im gonna try to get some LED's for the rear and i don't know what for the front yet. It seems like a lot of u are using the Burners, so i'm gonna steer it in another direction just to be a little different. I think im gonna add a battery. Something small but workable.

I got the 25 watt bulb from sears. To wire it how i did first you need to splice the ground and run it to both lights, then splice the wire coming from your high beam and run it to the two new lights (only do this with the 25 watt bulbs or the light wont come on.) then run the wire from your low beam and splice it into the driving light you are designating as low. and after you seal up all your connections with shrink tubing and splicers your all done. Don't spill beer all over your quad either because it makes a sticky messB-)

Does this process really work???? no disrespect to LOKISBUDDY but seems to me when you turn on your low beams the power will travel back through the spliced wire and lighting the high beam too...

I'm going to get all the parts today so I will try it....

My back up plan is to use a 20W in one light for the low and use the 50W in the High.... it will only light one light at a time but i will have High and Low beams....

Does this process really work???? no disrespect to LOKISBUDDY but seems to me when you turn on your low beams the power will travel back through the spliced wire and lighting the high beam too...

I'm going to get all the parts today so I will try it....

My back up plan is to use a 20W in one light for the low and use the 50W in the High.... it will only light one light at a time but i will have High and Low beams....

Your assumption is correct. After trying this myself, it did just that. The power traveled to both lights when in either low or high beam, as the doubled wire bridged the connection to power both lights at the same time.

In order for this idea to work properly, you'd have to add some sort of one way resistor or something.

I wired them normally (one light for each beam type with a 45w bulb) and simply aimed one light really low in front of the wheeler for a "low" beam, and the other is pointed straight ahead. This way, when I'm riding in a group formation I'm not shining my light straight into the eyes of the guy ahead of me, yet I still have enough light to see to follow. And I've got my "high" beam to see just fine when I'm leading or riding solo.

So where did you find a 45W bulb????? i've seen 50,35, and 20
I may be mistaken on the 45W they may be 50W driving lights. They're in the lights from walmart for 15.99 sitting next to the chrome ones that everyone's been using. I liked the black housing better and didn't think to make sure the bulbs were replaceable. They aren't. :( I'll check the watts written on the box when I get back out to the garage.