Trans or clutch?????

redbabeboy

Apr 9, 2012
Middlesex N.C
SO I WAS RIDING TODAY AND NOTICED MY BLASTER WOULD ONLY SHIFT THROUGH GEARS 1,2,3 AND WOULDN'T GO THROUGH 4,5,6 WHAT COULD IT BE THE TRANY OR THE CLUTCH??:eek::-/

Have you recently changed you oil and lost the drain plug seal? Is this the stock drain plug in the quad? How long has this engine been together (i.e. is this a new engine build)?

Has the case been broke near the shifter , If so its probably a bent shift shaft , Or like stated above the Spring has failed , Could be Something in the way of the gear drum for the shifter , Probably wise to pull the clutch side cover off and just take a Flash light and Have Look and then try and change gears while you look ?

have you recently changed you oil and lost the drain plug seal? Is this the stock drain plug in the quad? How long has this engine been together (i.e. Is this a new engine build)?

is it a rubber seal that suppose to be on the plug?yes its the stock drain plug. And engine was rebuilt about a month ago.
How would drain plug affect it?
And i change the oil every 3 or 4 rides

Also i noticed my chain is loose to b/c i just changed from a 12 tooth back to the 13 tooth sprocket,could that have any thing to do with it?

has the case been broke near the shifter , if so its probably a bent shift shaft , or like stated above the spring has failed , could be something in the way of the gear drum for the shifter , probably wise to pull the clutch side cover off and just take a flash light and have look and then try and change gears while you look ?

case has no cracks or breaks no were.yea ill pull the clutch cover off one day this week and have a look.

case has no cracks or breaks no were.yea ill pull the clutch cover off one day this week and have a look.

Some aftermarket drain plugs are too long and contact the shift drum.

Sounds like a bent shift shaft/fork, or broken spring on the shaft or something caught in there, may need to be disassembled to access the tranny and take a look