trans oil

mud2sno

Jan 22, 2008
bay area, cailfornia
I just have a question about the trans oil, I drained oil to put in block off kit put back together then added the oil. it only took aboud 1/4 of a quart or less to fill to the top line. the book says .7 quarts. should i run it and re check level (will this be ok with only this much oil in). thank for the help

try it..cant hert it. but only let it idle for a minute or 2.then on a level surface check the oil level...if thats still passed the line then ur good

just seems wierd to only take less than 1/4 quart, I just didnt know if this was normal when you take the side cover off. it seems like more oil came out than that.

thats what happend to me. i changed my oil 3 days ago and i hardley poured any oil back in the case and it was full. so i didnt take a chance,i poured like almost the full bottle in there. but aye if you do put to much in there then it will just come out of the overflow valve.but if it does it will be a messy ass mess

no it was easy to do I just took my time to make sure everything was ok. I am glad I did take it apart as I never took off the cover that goes over the pump and id was full of water and dirt. the pump didnt look so good and it is a 2003 (just picked them up 6 months ago). I also didnt know about the mixture as I had run both the same amount of time but the oil in the tanks are at diffrent levels at the end of the day...