trail riding carnage today :( and 250x/blaster comp

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
Well first ill start witrh earlery noted comparision between the blaster and the 250x.. hands down 250x OWNS the blaster on trail riding!! more comfortable better suspension better brakes better handleing on the trails!!

second.... got a late start, made it to the atv park abour 1045, got unloaded paid, sooted up... half way threw the trails my 250x stopped moving! fkn master link clip came off and launched the chain!!.. soooo i took my buddys lt250r the rest of the way threw to go to the truck to get the tow strap... im about 300 yards from the pits and i glansed back to see how close the quad was behind me, next thing i know im barrel rollin across the dirt!!!
FKN right front tire was flat on the 250r and it caught a rut in a sweepin right hand turn and launched me off, got dirty and twisted ankle a lil bit, quad was fine. Get back to my 250x and we take the master link off the blaster to get the chain on the 250x since its got more pullin power than the blaster, and get to the truck..
Luckly there was a honda dealer 6 miles down the road so i picked up to links... well ima re re and got the wrong ones, so my buddy took my truck back there to get the right ones, so well he is gone me and jon on the lt250r go ride the trails..
ended up on the mx track, 250x is nice on there to... untell i landed funny off a jump and i slide off the quad to the right side, and couldnt get my self up right fast enough and tipped the quad over... CORRECTION she rolled twice, and ended up stopping up side down, needless to say only damage to the quad was 3 or 4 tiny scratches in my fusion black paint!! BUT i pulled something in my right arm, and top muscles in both tighs and dirt rash down the outside of my forearm!!
fine what ever, that didnt stop me. we cept riding, but went back to the trails... about 5 miles in the muscle i pulled in my left leg crapped up so bad i had to pull off the side of the trail and stand for abit, i was almost in tears it hurt so bad!!!
after that it was fine!!! stil hurtin bad but not crampin up, we take a few more laps threw the trails next thing i know there is a cop car, 2 ambulances, and fire dept with quads at a clearing in the trails.. confused as to where they were going i just kept riding, well about 6 miles back in the trails a kid/teen crashed on a dirt bike and got hurt, unsure of what he did, maybe broken arm?? he was sittin in the middle of the trail with ppl standin by him so he didnt get run over, and someone directiin traffic around off the trail around them

so end of the day comes, i can hardly walk now, can hardly get in my truck it sucks...

so run down of what hurts, right shoulder ( messed up rotator cuff to begin with),
tri cep on left arm, dirt rash on right forearm
ankle,
lower back
middle back
neck
hands
and top of tigh muscles

BUT after two crashed i didnt even scratch my helmet!!! or ruin any cloth or gloves or quads!!

not trading 250x for lt250r, lt250r handles like sh*t on the trails and cant keep up, and it tryed to hurt me!

hahaahha wanna come down to VA and trade me ur 250x for my blaster??? LOL u make that 250x sound soo freakin awesome

dude im serious... come ride this think of trails... much nicer on trails than a blaster.. atlest stock suspension..

BTW i crashed.. this is the first time since i started riding a year ago that i crashed,, rode a 250r and a 200x never crashed, trail boss never crashed, blaster never crshed.. tell today.. ill be on later or tommrow ima go lay on the couch

lol yeah it was only a lil blood.. not really bleedin.. some how i just managed to scrap it up.. no blood blood though.. my left leg is killin me though...

granted the 250x isnt the greatest quad but hell its 10x more comfortable than a blaster on the trails we ride, and now that i got some seat time, i noticed she really isnt a pooch, mine seems to pull solid from idle right to rev limiter, except even with the pure sport bandit a/t's it dont get traction on the trails tell 3rd... first gear spins right up to rev limiter, second spins up to rev limit but not to bad, and 3rd will spin for a second or to than hook

BTW i crashed.. this is the first time since i started riding a year ago that i crashed,, rode a 250r and a 200x never crashed, trail boss never crashed, blaster never crshed.. tell today.. ill be on later or tommrow ima go lay on the couch

Crashing makes you a better rider and if you don't ever crash you are not pushing the envelope enough. I'm not saying you need to be reckless, just test the boundries and commit to the jump.

I rode today at my friends MX track with 3 bikes and 4 quads and I'm still the only one in the group that is COMMITTED to clearing the 35' tabletop. I never seen evil kannevil let up of the gas going up a ramp and he knows how to jump, why does 90% of the people let up of the gas before a jump?
DSC03788.jpg

Last edited:
dude im serious... come ride this think of trails... much nicer on trails than a blaster.. atlest stock suspension..

yeah if you are riding for comfort then you are most likely riding like grandma

oh beleve me.. i dont ride like agrand ma.. and my vids i have posted show it, i just like to be in control of the machine at all time, and today it got outta hand.. rolling the lt250r was just retarted cuz the fkn tire was flat and caught arut/berm and kicked me over... and the 250x well.. she just wnats to show me who was in charge lol...

did get repeted air on the trails though, one spot you come up hill and FAST.. 4th-5th gear if you dont lift before the top it willlll send you into the trees... i was coming up in in 4th, id let off than burp the throttle right at the top and come over the hill air born... i guess my buddy didnt like followin me threw there cuz i also burp the throttle landing to help settle the quad for the turn, and iwas shootin 15-20 foot roosts when i would land!!

but yeah i dont ride for comfort but i also dont wanna take a beatin from the quad on trails due to sh*t suspension and handleling... makes for along tiring day... even after crashing i was still hangin her sideways around every corner sending roosts off into the trees

I'm nursing my knee from a ruff landing today, I had a choice of raptors and cr250's today and rode them all but really rode my blasty. I know it, I'm comfortable on it, and it's mine if I do, no when I wreck!

wrecked two quads and walking away.

good deal that way.

yeah i road my brothers 300ex in thr trails i reall liked it,

oh course i has to do with my weight throwing it around

yeah, it took me all of 10 min to get the full feel for the 250x today since this was the first real seat time i had besides wheelies in my back yard,... i need to clean the carb and tune it cuts it takes more kicks then i like to start it when its warm.. i like 2-3 kicks cold and 1 kick warm.. and i can do it cuz both blasters start on first kick, and bad biish started 1st kick when cold 98% of the time

the hydro brakes are sooooo nice.. i only have fronts right now cuz the rear calaper is fkd up and it still stops 1000 times better than a blaster.... dont get me wrong i love blasters even though im to big for them, but i like them on the ice better than the dirt...

like i sstated in aonother thread i was gonna do a comparison of the two, on the same trails, same rider, same temps, same trail conditions, and same riding style....

definatly the 250x performs better on the trails i ride, the torque of the 250x is almost un needed because well.. it just spins!!!! 5th gear i can break traction and hold it spinning on smooth sweeping turns.. seems to have a much better feel also, it gives you the feeling your sitting lower and longer so its more stable....

like i siad im not cuttin on the blasters since i love them and still have one, but if you trail ride alot id definatly recommend the 250x for trail riding, if you have the chance to pick one up cheap enough do it! you shouldnt be dissapointed..

im thinkin about ether a 250r or another blaster for a winter ice machine... heavy ported with 14/38 gearing on heavy studded 18s widened and lowered should be a hoot on the lake and river

wrecked two quads and walking away.

good deal that way.

yeah i road my brothers 300ex in thr trails i reall liked it,

oh course i has to do with my weight throwing it around

haha didnt even wrech a quad... im shocked the 250x rolled over 2.5 time and stoped on top of my leg but didnt pin me, no bent wheels no bent bars, no bent levers, no bent nerfs, no more cracks in the plastic than there were wheni started the day, and only scratched the right rear fender paint a lil bit..

i hear ya on the weight im 255ish and i man handle a blaster and this, and gotta ride the blaster harder to get the same results as the 250x.. which in turn wears you out more and faster

the blaster i would have to stop half way threw the 8 miles of trail and take abreather.. on the x i made to full trips threw before i had to rest, and mainly had to rest to get a drink from breathing all the dust!!!

i know the 300ex replaced the 250x but i wonder how simmaler they are actually?? power and weight wise and suspension.. i walked away from 300ex's all day long on the river with my blaster.. but the 'butt dyno' tells me the 250x is close in accel power and speed as my old blaster, with tons of low end nuts

I think they are real similiar. 250x 21hp and 300ex 22 hp. 300 has better low end and 250 more top end.

Only real differences are electric start and longer crank in the 300(the bearing sets in the case for the crank are different in the 300). And the later model 300s took dot 4 only. All the topend stuff will interchange.

ok so one hp diff wow lol.. still more power than a blaster lol..

figure with the piped, 34mm? carb and uni filter. and piston bore shows 290.. i should be?? 28? hp? im figuring pipe jetted and uni for sure so 26-28? hp... respectable

glad to hear ya had fun with the 250, from what ive read the only diffrences are stroke and electric start, the rods/cranks will even enterchange soposadly, sence a 300 gets its cc's from a longer stroke im guessing a 300 crank set up would be a nice upgrade... and also how are you figuring yours has a 290bb?? i went and paid some money on mine today and peeked in the airbox to find a k&n, so thats good ill have pics of it when i bring her home

nice, but there is a problem, put some crazy bastard like me on the blaster at ur trails and i know you will not beat me, you might stay ahead, but i will be nipping ur ass, it depends on the rider on the trails, to me my bike is comfy, need diff shocks but glad you had fun and didn't get too messed up, ive been there man!!

ok so one hp diff wow lol.. still more power than a blaster lol..

figure with the piped, 34mm? carb and uni filter. and piston bore shows 290.. i should be?? 28? hp? im figuring pipe jetted and uni for sure so 26-28? hp... respectable

I figured mines in the 30+ range. I might pay to get it dyno'd at little sahara.

Not sure what size my carb is but its a mikuni pumper carb. The gas tank is raised 2" to fit the carb. My exhaust looks totally custom no markings on it. Uni filter. Web racing cam and a 12:1 wiseco piston with stiffer valve springs.

I run it on a 110 race gas 91 octane mix at 50/50.

With all the mods to my blaster in my sig the 250 kills it in a drag race. Once second gear is hit it just walks away bad.

Look into getting a good camshaft get a medium grind so you dont have to get your rockers hardened. It will open it up bigtime. I saw a 200x with a piston and cam eat a rm80 in drag.

Last edited by a moderator: