TORS Partial removal / Fix Broken TORS sensor

rivera82

Nov 19, 2011
So this is my first post i just got a blaster 2 weeks ago its a 2002 blaster.
Started doing maintenance and noticed that the idle was high and found that the TORS sensor in the housing was broken and the idle screw now did nothing.
I looked for that plastic piece but could not find it.

So I present you my solution.

imag0848i.jpg

These are the pieces.

imag0852x.jpg

So after spending some time at my hardware store i figured a way to fix it for less then $5 bucks.
This is what I used.

imag0853r.jpg

I needed to grind down the cross dowel so it will fit in the case, and this is my holder.

imag0858f.jpg

After grinding the top and bottom, I saw that i needed to grind the sides as well, then I welded a small nut on the front so it would push enough on the throttle lever.

imag0859j.jpg

And then a test fit, the bolt was too long and i had to grind it down but i did not take the before and after picture it was 2" long and I cut off like 1/2"

imag0860t.jpg

I found out i needed a way to hold the bolt in when screwing it out, because if you started adjusting, it would move out a little.

So i grinded a small grove on the top of the bolt

imag0862k.jpg

Then I re-installed the small O-ring back.

imag0863.jpg

The only thing left is to assemble but i did not take any pictures, sorry.

I tried it out and it worked great.
I did have to remove the sensor from the throttle and twist together the ends as well as the bottom sensor that was going to the TORS case.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Reactions: L.T.
Great presidential solution, long as it works, good for now. Be sure to disconnect the "brain box". Then when you need a new throttle cable, do it right and get an elimination kit.