Toomey, shearer or powerpro

You do realize that most of the guys that are REALLY into dragging at the dunes and/or racing do actually dyno tune their bikes/quads right? You know why?......because that's what a dyno does.....it indicates where you make the most power/torque and at what RPM. This has been proven to be even more true with EFI mapping setups and finding which ones work on modern 4 strokes. They don't just pull stuff out of their arse and assume it works and/or works but not at an optimal level.

Sure......dynos are not 100% indicative of real life scenarios because you have varying loads, but to bash anybody using a dyno to find tuning setups with a blaster carb, banshee carbs, whatever carbs......is pretty comical.

WOW dude, you get it.... That is a killer post U did... from the top to the bottom
Thumbs UP

and all that pertains to what for us mostly trail riders ????
or strokedtater for that matter, never been on a dyno, ever, doesnt even have a clue to horsepower of his motor, but consistantly wins most drags he enters, usually against bigger, probably dyno tuned quads.................

i'll tell you why, his builder "flotek" and mine "kor" do not need a dyno to tune a blaster, nor do any of us trailriders

answer my questions about burning clutches on the dyno and why you've never shown up at any races to prove your obvious bullshit ?????????

Do you think LRD(LED), Sparks, etc. that are notable engine builders don't use dynos when they make engines for GNCC/MX/etc competitors? I can tell you right now they do as I have spoken with Arlan from LRD(LED) and he does. Again....you don't just pull stuff out of your arse.....or if you push limits and experiment......you need a way to test out that experiment and just simply sitting on a quad and riding it is not "experimenting" as you have opened up your mind to personal bias, placebo effect, etc.

You can't sit here and try to tell me dynos are for a bunch of losers that supposedly don't know their crap when I go to a performance shop and see dyno tuning, hit up John Lingenfelter's shop and see corvette's being.....dyno tuned, go to ALMS races and see cars that have been dynotuned and they use more instrumentation and guages than you can imagine to keep these cars in tune and reliable at a high output.......what would you suggest?....they are dumb and are uneducated because they don't do it all by hand and feel? Please.

awk08 is old, cut him some slack guys hahaha. Dynos are rather high tech equipment. Any type of professional race team is full of ignorant people that odn't know any better, since they all use dynos.

nutswing on the other forums you seem to like so much nowadays

flotek and ken oconnor racing have won more races than kennedy and his dyno tuned bullshit have ever even been to, neither have or rely on a dyno,
but yet ken doll refuses to show up with his dyno bikes and prove them !!!!!!!!!!!!
until then, he's full of it. period

awk08 is old, cut him some slack guys hahaha. Dynos are rather high tech equipment. Any type of professional race team is full of ignorant people that odn't know any better, since they all use dynos.

nice first post !!!!!!! which nut did you swing in on, left or right ????

well different machines act different in different scenarios, my 600rr puts out 118 hp, i had it dyno tuned at brothers powersports by mike velasco, used to work for mx racing circuit etc, look him up, guy is a genius when it comes to tuning anything. well i made a bet with mike and another shop,max rpm, who could get the most out of it, max rpm works on high end cars, porche mostly, and motorcycles, well mike won the bet because max rpm couldnt get more than 112 out of my bike. if u want the whole story pm me, ill tell u. but this thread is now oficially out of control...

i'm still waiting on a few answers ...................

particularly why you've never shown up to race ?????

we all know your not answerin the "clutch burning" questions

flotek and ken oconnor racing have won more races than kennedy and his dyno tuned bullshit have ever even been to, neither have or rely on a dyno,
but yet ken doll refuses to show up with his dyno bikes and prove them !!!!!!!!!!!!

So that would make Ken and Flotek equally full of it since they don't "prove it" as well right? 8-| I'm sure they have all won.....and lost races. That's life.

You use way too many superlatives and have way too much bias towards your own personal interests. You are one of those "I'm never wrong" type of people. I've never had Kennedy's work.......never had Ken's.........never had Floteks.......I can't really say jack sh*t about any of them, but from what I've seen, I haven't seen anything to make me say one way or the other and to accuse one of being somehow "weaker" or "lesser educated" for dyno tuning is effectively slapping the faces of tuners and racers everywhere from go karts, to ATVs, all the way up to Formula 1. It's just plain ignorance to think that.

When You get off you off your 15hp blaster and 40hp banshee
Maybe you will get a clue, you are obvious to many, STUPID

well different machines act different in different scenarios, my 600rr puts out 118 hp, i had it dyno tuned at brothers powersports by mike velasco, used to work for mx racing circuit etc, look him up, guy is a genius when it comes to tuning anything. well i made a bet with mike and another shop,max rpm, who could get the most out of it, max rpm works on high end cars, porche mostly, and motorcycles, well mike won the bet because max rpm couldnt get more than 112 out of my bike. if u want the whole story pm me, ill tell u. but this thread is now oficially out of control...

But which one had the better curve? ;)

At any rate, you prove my point. The finest intricacies of dyno tuning find that little bit of extra power.......which still takes talent to do and the know how to do it reliably. Dynos weren't invented just for fun.

it has never proven to me, to be a cost effective tool for blasters, < remember....
this is blasterforum, not F1.com
and this all goes way deeper than you'll ever know, you missed the fake ass dyno tuning videos a while back before you were here, and the pics of the bullshit port job he fed one of our members, or the clutch burning follies at kennedy powderpuffsports

it has nuthin to do with "i'm never wrong", but more the amount of bullshit coming from big k's mouth, for years, but he has still never proven any of it
go over to e2s, or others and mention his name, you'll clearly see, i'm not the only one who sees thru the smokescreen you obviously can't

prove me wrong big man ?????? like you said you would last year at busco.........
quote......"i'll be there with 12 of Michigan's fastest atv racers"
i'm still waiting

ken proves it weekly, for 35 years now, on the new england motocross circuits, with multiple, multiple wins and championships
and kgibsons 11 year old son is ruling his local mx track against 15 yr. olds with KOR power this year, is leading the points standings,
after finishing poorly with kennedy power just last year, those 3 kennedy cylinders are now paper weights < where'd the dyno help there ???????

flotek proves it weekly, for years now with multiple, multiple wins, championships, taters 250 class, dirt drag state championships, among others < which i have personally witnessed

here i qoute that again...............................

kgibsons 11 year old son is ruling his local mx track against 15 yr. olds with
KEN OCONNOR RACING motors this year, and is leading the points standings,
1ST PLACE so far
after finishing poorly with kennedy power and a shearer pipe just last year, those 3 kennedy cylinders are now paper weights, and i think he uses the pipe to hold welding rods < where'd the dyno help there ???????
but real world, never seen a dyno, results speak for themselves

why'd everyone run off when i posted real results, not toilet paper bullshit ??????

Last edited:
i remember those videos and i believe it was my broccos port job that i laughed at pretty hard, looked like a drunken monkey went to town with a dremel...i still lol at it but this is not a bashing thread guys, what happened in the past is the past, lets leave it there it is a never ending argument, kennedy has his views and we all have ours, no one is right or wrong...

lrd-my peak power is at like 12-15k. its set up for the track because i stay in the high rpms so much, it is a blast to ride, but i have about 4-5k into it to get it there.

Didnt really want to get in on this but what the hell...Before I ended up at OConnor I went thru 4 other builders, a few with dynos that gave me the hp figure I should acheive ....well I didnt. Dynos have there place and I understand that, but when it comes to getting useable power and dependability it comes down to the ass dyno.. Ya the builder can get u peak horepower,but their not there when it comes down to getting it to perform and that takes alot of tuning and trial and error. You want a good builder...pick one that is honest,dependable and no bs....much better than a dyno! That's it continue on.

P.S. And as AWK stated I do have some nice paper weights

So that would make Ken and Flotek equally full of it since they don't "prove it" as well right? 8-| I'm sure they have all won.....and lost races. That's life.

You use way too many superlatives and have way too much bias towards your own personal interests. You are one of those "I'm never wrong" type of people. I've never had Kennedy's work.......never had Ken's.........never had Floteks.......I can't really say jack sh*t about any of them, but from what I've seen, I haven't seen anything to make me say one way or the other and to accuse one of being somehow "weaker" or "lesser educated" for dyno tuning is effectively slapping the faces of tuners and racers everywhere from go karts, to ATVs, all the way up to Formula 1. It's just plain ignorance to think that.

Preach on brother.