Thumb Throttle repair and modding!!

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
My throttle lever was getting sloppy so i opened it up an found that the lower bushing was almost disintegrated in to dust and packed in place. I also could not find any bushings with a 9mm id and 13mm od, so i traded a favor and had a brass bushing made. I do think this Cascade Thumb Throttle comes with a new bushing. >>> Cascade Thumb Throttle Extender | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

The lower brass bushing is on the left and the old upper nylon bushing is on the right, i also polish the throttle lever.
100_7219_zpsd67a5a44.jpg

I also took the TORS switch out and cut the block off of the throttle box and throttle cover then welded a small plate in both holes. I also started polishing the throttle box and cover.
100_7216_zpse8142544.jpg

Im going to use a yamaha timber wolf throttle box gasket, its a perfect fit! The timber wolf throttle box gasket is on top of my throttle box, the blaster throttle box gasket is to the left. The blaster throttle cover is on the bottom left and with the block cut off the side its the same shape and has the same hole pattern as the timber wolf cover on the right.
100_7222_zps584aca5a.jpg

100_7221_zps46fa81ae.jpg

nice Doug !
i too cut the switch box off to allow more room on the bars for hand gaurd mount on that side.
good to know the timberwolf gasket works, have some greens !

I didnt need it, but i got it anyways! ;)
This is one of those easy push thumb throttle arms. They claim it reduces arm and hand fatigue. But i like it for the blinggggggg;)
This thing rides on a little bearing!! :cool:
104_8694.JPG
104_8696.JPG
104_8697.JPG

Reactions: Markblaster
anymore bling doug and I'm only riding with you on cloudy days :)

I got the new thumb throttle arm on and there is a big difference! BUT and this is a BIG BUTT! lol

In the directions for installing this throttle arm it tells you that you can remove the TORS SPRING if you have eliminate the TORs system.

Removing the spring is something that i overlooked before, i didnt ever thing about it!!:eek:

I think that remove the TORS SPRING is what made the big difference!! lol :p

OMFG Bronco thats funny !
I'm going to get you the cheetos cat "chester cheetah" decal for it :D

4c1b40732570314880f03f70ce4f826a.png

This is the TORS spring that is in the thumb throttle box! A lot of people overlook removing it when they remove there TORS system! Removing this spring will make a difference!
104_8802.JPG