Throttle cable

cntdownard

Dec 30, 2015
So I installed a new throttle cable . I could not get the carb to go together right . I saw on here where there was a groove on the slide that goes into the carb throat . I then got that in correct but CANNOT get the top to screw on correctly . I got it to go on a little but not enough to screw it on to where the stop bracket actually does something . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

Did you get the needle to slide all the way down into the carb. <<< so the slide is all the way down? Make sure you aren't cross threading the cap onto the carb.

I got the black part with the groove in it to finally go all the way down but have no idea about the needle . How can you tell . The book I have says something about compressing the spring but who knows . Would all of this be easier if the carb comes off the quad ? I may have to redo the whole thing .

Sure it will be easier if carb was off the quad. I think your not getting the needle into the small hole into the bottom. If you look into the carb you will be able to see. Once the slide starts to slide down you can adjust the needle with you finger until it goes in.. It's simple once you look in there and you can see what your doing.

So I shouldn't have to compress the spring at all . once I get the carb done right it should all fit together easily . This is my first time screwing with a carb on a quad . How will I know if the needle is in right ?

The spring will compress yes. Basically what I mean is once you get the needle into the needle jet (the small hole the needle goes into) you will be able to stick your finger through the intake of carb and lift the slide up and the spring will push it back down..

Hold on a few min. I think I got a spare stock Blaster carb I'll try n throw together quick so I can show you with some pics.. Gimme a bit, I'll be back with some pics..

The spring will compress yes. Basically what I mean is once you get the needle into the needle jet (the small hole the needle goes into) you will be able to stick your finger through the intake of carb and lift the slide up and the spring will push it back down..

Hold on a few min. I think I got a spare stock Blaster carb I'll try n throw together quick so I can show you with some pics.. Gimme a bit, I'll be back with some pics..

No hurry I won't be able to work on it anymore tonight .I'm sure pics would help . Talk to you tmrw .

Furthest pic to the right ?shows where the needle is supposed to slide into, you can hold the slide up with your finger and maneuver the slide until the needle slides in. The other pics show how the slide should be down and when you push the throttle the slide will pull up..

If that isn't your issue it sounds like you may be cross threading the cap or that it may be stripped already. Do you still have the first unit installed?

Attachments

• IMG_20160102_211055.jpg
    IMG_20160102_211055.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20160102_211120.jpg
    IMG_20160102_211120.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20160102_211538.jpg
    IMG_20160102_211538.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures , they should definitely help . I'm going to remove it tmrw or Monday . Then I shall try to finish this project that has taken a week or two .

Do you still have the tors unit installed or are you using a regular cap now?

I have the carb put back together correctly . All I have to do now is put carb back on the bike . Thanks for the help . Might be back soon .