The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

I may put it up for sale as well. I want a 4 stroke bike or quad. Prefer a quad but who knows. I'll be building another hybrid 2 stroke over the winter.

Reactions: jus_me
Ok, I sold a piece of high end car audio equipment on ebay. It sold for less than I thought it should, but I'll get over it. What I don't know about is the buyer. Chime in with any comments if you have had the same issue.

It sold to someone who just joined ebay, no positive feedback but no negative or neutral feedback either. He emailed me and said he tried to pay for it but said the pay feature wasn't working. I've never had an issue like he says he is having. I emailed him back and told him to contact ebay and explain his problem. Also told him to sign up for paypal if he hasn't already cause that's my payment setup.

It sold yesterday at about 4 pm. He emailed me around 10 pm. I'm waiting for more email from him/her or for a payment. How long should I wait before I dispute the sale and cancel the transaction and re list it?

Let ebay handle it. someone bought from me and never paid, i cancelled the order and they gave me negative feedback months later

3 days before you cancel and relist. you should add that to your post. "payment must be received within 24/48 hours of purchase"

because honestly, who buys something and then doesnt immediately pay for it?

Reactions: bansheedave
A buyer has 48 hours to pay before you can file a claim then they have another 48hrs to pay giving them a total of 4 days to pay for a item. If the item isn't paid for within the 4 day limit then eBay does whatever it is the do.

A buyer has 48 hours to pay before you can file a claim then they have another 48hrs to pay giving them a total of 4 days to pay for a item. If the item isn't paid for within the 4 day limit then eBay does whatever it is the do.
Is that 48 hours from the time the auction ended?

Yes from the moment the bidder wins the auction he has 48 hrs to pay before you can put in a non payment claim. eBay then sends them a notification that they now have 48 (more) hours to pay or they ??? Prob first time suspend their account for a few weeks or something. Then you can relist

Reactions: bansheedave
That can depend on what payment policy you have set for you item. In general I give the buyer 4 days to pay for the item before starting an unpaid item claim. I have my ebay set to automatically start one then. I email them and let them know this within 2 days. If the buyer is communicating and needs some more time, I've given them up to 10 days before. Most of my items are bin, I don't do auctions much, I almost always lose my @$$

He finally paid. He said he was trying all day. About 20 minutes after I sent him a message threw the ebay unpaid deal, I got a notification of payment. I have it set up for paypal payment. Didn't know you could set up unpaid claims to automatically take effect after a certain time. I'll have to look into that. We have more stuff to get listed soon, so it's something to look into.

Live from Slipknot, they're sound man should be fired, sounds like SHAT !

IMG_20150805_212430668.jpg