The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

Got my new heim joints today. Got them installed and now the front turns without binding and squeaking. The front moves up and down without binding. Happy once again.

Friggen sucks, went to put my EX rear shock on and the bushings were too fat they wouldn't fit into the holes, just a tad too big. Gonna have to bring them back to Ken and shave them down a little. Was hoping to be a lil more soft tomorrow in the trails.

Keep the dust away from them or they may start binding again!
Unfortunately, they are open to all the elements, so keeping anything away from them is impossible. I picked up ASR arms a long time ago for my banshee and never had any issue with those. I would say the current problem is the construction of them internally.

the heims on my "used when bought" ASR's have sucked......up everything I've thrown at them for over 3 seasons now and still going strong, open to all the dust and elements they can find, with just a quick squirt of WD-40 or silicon lubricant before each ride.

they have had problems with the newest batches of heims, but the older ones are as good as anything available, and allow further travel than ball joints.

well folks. picked up a 05 pontiac g6 gt for a work commuter. "chick car" but i dont car haha. it was the right price and i need something that gets better than 22mpg on a good day. 05 g6 gt 124k no rust, no dents. car looks mint. needs an oil change and a tire rotation haha.

Man riding boots are not easy to ride hard with, maybe I just need to get used to them? They fit right and walking is easy, but I can't feel the shifter which makes it hard to shift up and down quickly and even accurately. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Man riding boots are not easy to ride hard with, maybe I just need to get used to them? They fit right and walking is easy, but I can't feel the shifter which makes it hard to shift up and down quickly and even accurately. Anyone else ever have this problem?

yes you need to ride quite a bit to get used to them
jumping on a 125/250 or kicking a 250 it is almost mandatory lol:)

I've always just worn like work boots but after reading horror stories of feet almost getting ripped off I bought some. Although I have some serious heel guards so maybe I don't need to.

whatever works i guess
i wear sneakers messing around my house
but if i go somewheres unfamiliar or ruff terrain
i use the boots:) plus they are long which helps for some of the heat of engines

i have never been to lake compounce
been to six flags a ton....the lake c is cheaper like half the price to get in soo
giving it a shot:) from what i see on the web it looks decent
i have not been to six flags in years as well:) but i cant forget the superman coaster..fuuun

Stupid a-hole down the road cussed my kids today. I'll point out we live in a tourist area, but it is very rural. There are more part-time residents than full time. The end of our private road, where we have had property for 20+ years, is a little part-timer community. Its like 2 acres with 6 trailers. Any way the kids go down there and go around the loop and come back. I've always stayed on them about going slow through there and being respectful. 2 seperate times yesterday by different guys they got stopped and told that they couldn't ride back there, because they are tearing up the gravel and they (the old guys) have to pay for it. After the second stop, they told me the guy was cussing at them. My oldest said she kept a smile on her face and politely told him sorry. So I followed them down there. Checked all the gravel, sure its a little stirred up from knobby's but no burnouts or powerslides, or anything like that. We get to the mean old guys house, and he's standing out in the drive on the phone, and he just smiles and waves at all of us! My guess is he was probably on the phone with the cops thinking he was gonna get us in trouble. I can't wait til they try to stop me and say something!

Reactions: harley1-5
lake compounce was pretty cool
not over crowded,easy to get on rides
cheap to get in/park.
and the best thing...FREE drinks all day long
soda,water or whatever is on the fountain drinks selection all over the park:D

Reactions: pudvah
That sucks tbrooks! :(

Yeah, at least I'm right legally though. I'm hoping one of them tries to block the road, then I can call the cops on them! I could understand if we were raising hell or damaging property. Honestly its only a handful of days every year that we ride down and around there. Maybe I should start taking the blaster through everyday, so they know how lucky they have it!!

Reactions: harley1-5
Jilly, her deer towel,and lake Erie.
IMG_20150809_141942940.jpg

He finally paid. He said he was trying all day. About 20 minutes after I sent him a message threw the ebay unpaid deal, I got a notification of payment. I have it set up for paypal payment. Didn't know you could set up unpaid claims to automatically take effect after a certain time. I'll have to look into that. We have more stuff to get listed soon, so it's something to look into.

Just a heads up Dave.. Always, Always, Always send packages with tracking and insurance. It will save you a big headache if anyone ever says they never received a package or if they claim it was damaged. 99% of the time E bay sides with the buyer, even if they say "hey I got an empty box" but you darn well know the box wasn't empty. That's where the insurance comes in. It costs just a lil bit more to ship but on any pricier item it is 10000% worth it. Plus any item shipped priority mail comes automatically with $50 insurance,, then add xtra ins if needed. Also if you didn't know already, do your shipping labels right through e bay you get a discount.. Ohh and before you ever ship anything, make sure the FULL funds are in your pay pal.