The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

Live from a big car dealership we're working at,........

IMG_20150212_134926007.jpg

IMG_20150212_134947627.jpg

IMG_20150212_134954635.jpg

IMG_20150212_135007069.jpg

IMG_20150212_135057564.jpg

IMG_20150212_135117489.jpg

IMG_20150212_135037229.jpg

IMG_20150212_135048816.jpg

brought the wife's van to the garage.
they said there is nothing wrong with it.
i told them on the phone and wrote them a note to have.
BOTTOM LINE im not going there again...
there is 4 things wrong and they did not fix even 1 thing.
i guess i will half to find a new garage or just do it myself.
At least i still got all of our money lol.
they are a good credited local garage......not to me anymore.

brought the wife's van to the garage.
they said there is nothing wrong with it.
i told them on the phone and wrote them a note to have.
BOTTOM LINE im not going there again...
there is 4 things wrong and they did not fix even 1 thing.
i guess i will half to find a new garage or just do it myself.
At least i still got all of our money lol.
they are a good credited local garage......not to me anymore.
What "is" wrong with it?

its a gm3400 CRAMMMMED in a pontiac montana van.
cylinder 1 misfire/losing antifreeze which was fixed 6000 miles ago/trans line is leaking/and a squeaky pully/cylinder 2 has a exhaust leak at the header.
has 109,000 miles on it.

i was willing to pay for the stress involved/after i replaced plugs wires and ignition coil.
had to rotate the engine/take off wiper assembly/and igntion coil bracket/ignition moduler/just to access the 3 rear spark plugs....
and after watching videos of professional mechanics drilling out broken exhast studs/which lead to them/hitting water pockets on the cylinder/and taking off 3000 parts just to access the manifold.

i might just need to borrow awk's firearmso_O i need a 7passenger vehicle and about to go with another different/easier application to work ono_O.

look at some fixes on these gm3400 crammed in a 2ft minivan engine compartment and you will see what im talking about:)

although the truck is 6 passenger yet 7 can fit but not as comfy

Last edited:
just got a new one last week
3-1/2" #4 turkey load should do the job :)

View attachment 14417

lol oh man id love to trash this thing/nothing but a headache since owned.
we bought it with 80,000 on it....it's at that stage where it want everything new/over the 100,000 mark.
friggin guy was studdering on the phone with me/good thing i choose, not to see him in person and send the wife:D:eek:.....i just might have told him and owner what i though of them/the local police even deal with them grrrrrrrrrr

:mad::mad:

This will sound funny to ya'll, but I got my mom the milwaukee impact drill/driver, regular drill, and jigsaw one year for christmas (yep officially redneck lol). She's had it 3-4 years now and still going strong. Of course hers gets used half as much as my stuff, but still alot more than typical homeowner. The battery with the built in gauge are nice, you always know which one is dead lol. She's actually my boss, taught me alot of what I know

This will sound funny to ya'll, but I got my mom the milwaukee impact drill/driver, regular drill, and jigsaw one year for christmas (yep officially redneck lol). She's had it 3-4 years now and still going strong. Of course hers gets used half as much as my stuff, but still alot more than typical homeowner. The battery with the built in gauge are nice, you always know which one is dead lol. She's actually my boss, taught me alot of what I know
Yeh milwaukee is the best.

We have had ours at least 5 years now. used all the time, the hammer drill is still good. but about a year ago our high speed quit on the regular drill. mainly because the gears got a lot of crap on them and just wore them out. repair cost as much as a new one so we still havent fixed it. we bought the mini set about a year ago and its awesome. drill definitely not as fast (faster than slow on original) and the hammer drill does just as good

Reactions: speedyslyder
I lent my Zoot gun to some one and I needed to get a nut off in a hurry so I bought this Cheepie, 420 ft lbs and only $80, did the job, but for how long is anyone's guess.

image.jpg

Reactions: blasterdemon7
/\/\..that milwaukee one in video is $429 dollars for the gun/2 batterys and charger.
700 ft lbs driving torque..1,100 nut busting torgue in reverse.
they have several models that are cheaper/but id like to get ahold of one of those/no loud air compresser/no plugging air compressor in the wall....and i could bring it anywheres:).
here is another diff video of it:)

this second one is yah know but it is powerfull enough to do jobs that air impacts do:)
im sure it is not as great as it claims to be but i would like to try it out:)

Last edited:
I've been burning a mix of wood pellets and corn the last few days. The corn adds so much extra heat, its like burning on a higher thermostat setting. Single digits outside, and my house is 78°. If you have a multifuel stove, try mixing some in about 70% pellets 30% corn

Attachments

• IMG_20150214_171144512.jpg
    IMG_20150214_171144512.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
i was in friendly's restaurant tonight and some weird guy with a dog girl,
proposed to here in friendly's lol he had a waiter record it for him on a phone:D:eek:
it was a bit uncomfy for a moment there lol
i was wondering why this other guy nerd kept staring at me/he looked real goofy/assuming it was his friend/the proposal guy wallked by out table and say something goofy/to the dog lol.

Well this is a big pile of crap. I know most of you guys are probably sick of the snow, but we haven't got an inch all winter. And one of the coldest winters we've ever had, forecasted to go negative this week and that never happens here. So forecast for today was 5-6 inches!! I was excited, and the kids too, started snowing about lunch. Lasted 30 minutes, change to sleet and hasn't stopped. Been steady around 25 degrees too. Got dam near an inch of sleet on my porch now, this sucks!!:mad: And its just gonna keep goin til bout midnight.

If we could ship you our snow, we would. We are sick of this cold, crappy weather. I need to have it was up asap.

turns out whatever the garage did stopped the misfire in my wifes van.

they said they could not find anything wrong/and neither could I.??

oh well its gone for know...It does have something similar to the blasters TORS,
traction control lol which limits the revs/although you can turn it off & on. o_O:eek:

Last edited: