The hell do I have here!

yamaha28

Apr 8, 2011
I just realized that these beadlocks do not have bolts to remove them. What the hell is going on here? I tried taking the tires off but it is impossible, it has a huge ridge like beadlocks so getting the tires on and off is impossible! They are ITP rims, anyone care to venture a guess? I have no idea.

ABC_0120.jpg

ABC_0119.jpg

ABC_0118.jpg

ABC_0117.jpg

ABC_0121.jpg

Why would they weld that on? It looks like baja wheels and the ring is actually inside not outside, but do you have a pic of the rim without the tire bead on it?

I know the back ring comes off. Not a 100% sure how it's held on. I'm thinking theres some tabs the are held by the tire bead.

Why would they weld that on? It looks like baja wheels and the ring is actually inside not outside, but do you have a pic of the rim without the tire bead on it?

I can get some pics tomorrow.

I know the back ring comes off. Not a 100% sure how it's held on. I'm thinking theres some tabs the are held by the tire bead.

Interesting, I don't think I looked at the back, that would be the opposite of the valve stem side right?

Holy santa clause nips, I think your right! Have some green.

How do you remove the tires though?

If you're junking the tire, sawzall and cut thru the wall and remove the tread. Then carefully cut the wall to the rim and there ya go. I:I Hey, you only asked how to remove, not install new tires. B) At least you will know what the hell is going on with the rim once you get the old tire off.

If you're junking the tire, sawzall and cut thru the wall and remove the tread. Then carefully cut the wall to the rim and there ya go. I:I Hey, you only asked how to remove, not install new tires. B) At least you will know what the hell is going on with the rim once you get the old tire off.

NO! It has 90% tread with ITP Holeshots on it. Gunna have to do this delicately....scalpel nurse! :D

NO! It has 90% tread with ITP Holeshots on it. Gunna have to do this delicately....scalpel nurse! :D

Well, fine, do things the hard way. 8-| Me personally, I like doing things wrong the first time, possibly causing more damage and then sharing my stories like it was someone else's fault. I:I

through googling, it seems as though you remove them just as a normal tire, it's just harder.

hmmm, could be. It seemed impossible though!

Well, fine, do things the hard way. 8-| Me personally, I like doing things wrong the first time, possibly causing more damage and then sharing my stories like it was someone else's fault. I:I

I have done that, and have by now learned never to do that again! haha

someone welded those reinforcing rings on there. the ITP Baja wheels come with the ring pinched nicely in the rolled lip of the rim, (i have a set and can post pics this afternoon if you would like. or like the one in the eBay pic posted above) not welded on. you can buy the rings seperate and add them later, just like what someone did here. the rough looking edge on that wheel may have something to do with you difficulties tryin to get the tire off. the rings do not make the outer diameter unless the welding process added just a little bit. they realistically should dismount like any other tire.

unfottunatly, i thought that way! Not anymore! Haha

Yeah, it really was sarcasm. Being quite persnickety...or better known as anal...I research the religion out of things before I start a project. It saves time and money, something I'm very fond of.