The Best & Cheapest Mx Shocks

Aaron-46

Jan 11, 2009
Hiya i have not yet bought any shocks yet. Is this list of shocks any good for mx racing at a high standard. ;)

Rear Shock

Yamaha banshee custom axis,honda 400ex and suzuki ltr 450

Front Shocks

Honda 400ex Works Triple Rate & Resevior,Suzuki ltr 450,Yamaha Banshee work

Thanks Aaron I:I

Dont use the banshee rear shock. Its actually shorter than the blaster. A 400ex shock would be your best bet for the rear. As far as front shocks, if you have extended a-arms with the shock mount extended too, run the 400ex fronts. The triple rate will give you a sweet ride. If they need to be rebuilt however, get the ltr shocks. If your running stock a-arms or extended a-arms with the shock mount in the stock position then the only shock you can run would be the banshee shocks.

none of the banshee length ones will work, they're too short, but the others on the list will

Banshee fronts will absolutely fit no problem.I run shee works triple rates w/ rez on the front of my machine.Alot of people switch to stock shee fronts and say it makes it better than stock blaster fronts.

i stand corrected, i was talkin bout the rear shee is too short

your ganna have problems finding "cheap and best"
but i can suggest getting some works shocks there pretty cheap for an after market shock...
but to get the most out of any suspension your ganna have to bite the bullit and have the shock recalibrated for your weight and riding style...

gt thunder can do rear shocks for ya. but you can pick up a 400 ex shock for pretty cheap. they make teh rear ride better. as for front, look on ebay for used works shocks, either blaster or banshee. they will help the front out substantially. only issue is your front arms. ext or not?

best idea is to have the suspension setup for your weight, arm length, and riding style.

as you can see your getting a lot of the same answers..............

i run progressive fronts, kinda better than shee fronts, do a 400ex rear switch!!!!!!!!!!!!, it is awesome, i can jump for miles without bottoming out!

Dont use the banshee rear shock. Its actually shorter than the blaster. A 400ex shock would be your best bet for the rear. As far as front shocks, if you have extended a-arms with the shock mount extended too, run the 400ex fronts. The triple rate will give you a sweet ride. If they need to be rebuilt however, get the ltr shocks. If your running stock a-arms or extended a-arms with the shock mount in the stock position then the only shock you can run would be the banshee shocks.

Are banshee front shocks shorter than blaster stock shocks i need shorter shoks for the front and dont wanna pay 500 dallors

u get what u pay for..get some good works or some elkas if u cheap out on the suspension then ur not gonnna be any better off than u are now

holy old thread batman!

yeah, i'd get some works fronts, or elka's, and a 250r or 400ex rear shock

but since i don't think that the OP hasn't been around for a while i don't think this is gonna help him much