swingarm selection

dickymoe

Dec 23, 2009
central n.j
I was planning on getting a longer swingarm and thought I would seek advice from anyone who offers.I have a stock arm right know but was thinking of going w/ a +6.My bro feels I should go w/ a +4.What I am looking for is good stability and wheel base.I trail ride mostly and not interested in jumping or pulling wheelies.I was thinking of the +6 but want to know if its to extreme.I know it will throw the steering off a little but can sacrafice that.Any help would be appreciated,and would like to know how others like the +6 lenght for their bikes.:-/

+6 is more for drag racing, probly wouldnt turn as tight in the trails. +3 or 4 would be the way to go for trail riding.

I saw something about swingarms a few days ago.I could not find it back in rhe forum pages.I thought asking more specific ?s about my riding style and what others think.My bro feels a +4 would work, I am just concerned it might not be long enough.B)

I saw something about swingarms a few days ago.I could not find it back in rhe forum pages.I thought asking more specific ?s about my riding style and what others think.My bro feels a +4 would work, I am just concerned it might not be long enough.B)

trust me a +4 is plenty long enough. dont go any longer cause ull regret it. you wouldnt think +4 would actually do much..but it deff does,esp when ur trying to get up some pretty sketchy hills.

hey man we can stretch your stock swinger.....and like staed above +3 - +4 would be best for trail riding....send me a pm and we can talk

I loved my +2. Gave the bike a nice stance and really made a difference. +6 is way overkill.
+2, +3, +4 would be your best bet

I think I probably go w/ the +4.From what you guys are telling me I do not want overkill I want stability.I am kinda of a tall guy and wanted a longer wheel base for the bike.Thank you for all your input.I:I

ive spent a couple hours looking pretty hard i cant find any good side pics of a blaster w a +2 swingarm. anyone have any? perferrably w some 20 or 22" tires