Status
Not open for further replies.

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
well, not sure WTF is going on with my sig bike,
i snapped a 4 ride old o-ring chain last week, figured i'd try a non o-ring this time around ? ($55 and $25 respectively)
no such F'n luck....got to one of my favorite ripping trails, cracked it wide open, she spun for a few feet, hooked up hard and bam....
it snapped at the same spot as the o-ring, about 1/2 chain, directly opposite the master link, looks to be almost the same spot the last one did ??

this time it ate up one of freeks delrin chain slider/rollers and ripped the metal dust cap again,
thank god i run freeks case savers on both bikes

anyway, until i figure out WTF is going on ???
something on my bike ??? a bad run of 8200# tensile strength "factory spec" chains from forward powersports on ebay ?????
(same chains i've been using for years)
i've already messaged them on ebay

i need at least one good shape swingarm pivot dust cap, but will take the pair if ya have them

lemme know what ya got and how much
PM's prefered

thanx

Last edited:
damn it man!! is your axle alighnment off or something? or maybe running it too tight? i dont' know man, that is weird.

i need to look closely at everything, i adjusted it the same way and tension as i have been doing for years with zero problems
peeking into the sprocket thru of the stator cover, the front sprocket seems to be OK, i used a different rear sprocket that looks to be OK also, i've run worse of both,
seems aweful weird both chains snapped in exactly the same way, and almost same spot.....ripped the rivet right out and broke that outer link on it's way.
everything will get torn down and closely inspected during the week

btw...i kinda chalked the o-ring chain up to the swinger skid rubbing it and sorta shaved off a little from the rivet heads
this one was brand spanking new, was not rubbing anything, i threw a new skidder on, and it didn't make it a 1/2 mile
got towed home by the rhino660 :(

You should know of all people to Use new Sprockets front and rear with a new Chain !!

thats some aussie bullshit, i can clearly see when a sprocket is worn..... deep grooves/circular saw blade hooked teeth, ect. ect
these sprockets are slightly worn, but in very good useable condition

thats some aussie bullshit, i can clearly see when a sprocket is worn..... deep grooves/circular saw blade hooked teeth, ect. ect
these sprockets are slightly worn, but in very good useable condition

There Still could be an issue with them , I know for a fact that mix match parts spell trouble , Hence 2 of my bottom ends here have case damage due to a thrown chain from used sprockets and a new chain , I was speaking from experience not from Aussie land !

Too much powaaaa!
pao.jpg

what sucks is nobody offers a +" chain with sprockets set for the blaster that i know of, leaving buying them all $eperately..... sprockets and banshee chain

probally how that place makes there chains..good thing you had that saver, i could sure use one lol

naw, there has to be something going on with my bike, or a bad batch of chains, i've been using these same chains for years, both o-ring and non o-ring

I might have the covers your looking for, Ill have to go check, there yours, just pay shipping

pm me your paypal, i'll take a set

btw....for anyone who is following this chain breakage dilemna ?
i found 2 teeth, across from each other, 1/2 broken off on the front sprocket, not sure if this is cause or effect of these chains snapping ?
all new JT chain and sprockets coming will tell the tale !

this JT brand? set comes with a 120 link chain and needs cut to length, so this looks to be the only complete set that will work for any + swinger on the blasters...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JT-Sprocket...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2574f11577&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.