Suspension upgrade options

Jul 13, 2011
I'm getting the motor done by Ken Occonor. I firgure I should do some suspension upgrades along with it. I'm going to do the 400ex rear shock. As for the fronts are stock banshee shocks that much better? What are affordable options for a arms and shocks for the front?
What is a good swing arm extension? I have seen anywhere from +3 to +12. I will be doing mostly trail riding with my machine. And also on the lake during ice fishing season. There is a nice +6 on ebay right now but I think that might be too much?

+4 swingarm will work great for trail riding and ice racing. As for suspension, +3+1 a-arms are the way to go. And they will allow yfz or trx450r front shocks to bolt right up until you can afford some better ones. With all these, you would have the baddest suspension setup around lol. Or at least a damn good one.

I'm running +3+1 arms with YFZ front shocks, +4 swinger with 400ex rear shock. Very good upgrades from stock.
I'm working on fitting a YFZ rear shock as well.

As for now I can't afford to do the a arms's. For now I think I will just do front shocks. I found a pair from a warrior. Are they better then the stock blasters?

As for now I can't afford to do the a arms's. For now I think I will just do front shocks. I found a pair from a warrior. Are they better then the stock blasters?

Not really. Banshee's are the best for an absolute low budget upgrade.
You can try to find some used a/m shocks for the blaster/banshee. Sometimes you can find those for less than 200.
Gotta pay to play.

I'm running +3+1 arms with YFZ front shocks, +4 swinger with 400ex rear shock. Very good upgrades from stock.
I'm working on fitting a YFZ rear shock as well.

Do do the YFZ rear it's way to long and stiff (that's what she said haha)
but anyway yeah.

Oops, for one moment I forgot that I live in a country where everything costs an arm and a leg when ATV's are concerned.