Stroker crank?

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
Blew my crank 2 weeks ago, looking to rebuild it asap.

Stumbled upon the vitos +3 stroker crank. Just wondering what you guys think that combo would be like with my vitos 240 bb kit unported? Don't have money for a port. Maybe in the future but how much more balls with this stroker give to a last bore(74mm i think) BB cylinder?

What needs to accompany it? No trenching with the +3 as i've read but what's the deal with this spacer plate? Is it necessary? If it needs it i'm running it, I just have no idea what it does. Been out of the blaster game too long.

Thanks guys.

Well the spacer plate needs to be used to keep the piston from hitting the head. With a 3mm crank you will have 1.5 more mm's of upwards travel. You may see a small gain from it. Bigger gains are seen when the head is cut and the cylinder is ported to match the crank.

So am I losing any reliability going with the +3 stroker as apposed to the stock 57mm crank just for now and when I need a new top end; Resleeve vitos 240 kit, new 72mm std forged piston and a port job. How's that sound?

Nothing wrong with doing build in stages. No sense in portin a worn out cylinder cause usually they charge for matching ports when you re-sleeve

Nothing wrong with doing build in stages. No sense in portin a worn out cylinder cause usually they charge for matching ports when you re-sleeve

That's what I was thinking. I'll get the port when I resleeve.

I just wanted to confirm I'd have no issues tossing in a +3 instead of std stroke crank just to replace it.A little power bump doesn't hurt. They're basically the same price so I figure why the hell not right?

Anyone know where a good place to get a reed spacer is? I have to space out my carb from my clutch linkage.

Guys, What am I missing for my bottom end rebuild? Not doing transmission bearings.

I have a clutch cover gasket. What's the good silicone gasket maker to use on the 2 case half's?

Code:
--PLUS 3 MM STROKER CRANK WITH STUFFER BLOCKS TO DECREASE CRANKCASE VOLUME FOR SUPER RESPONSE (includes spacer plate) 60 MM

--CRANKSHAFT SEALS

--Koyo PTO and MAG side crank bearings

--TOP END GASKET KIT FOR BIG BORE 240 	TOP END KIT FOR BIG BORE 240

I've done this once, about 3 years ago but I forget what I need. I did it all without tools as well. Only tool I could really use is a flywheel puller, i remember that being a huge PITA.

Motoseal 1 Grey, gasket maker worked good for me. And don't forget to get the 2 lock washers for the clutch basket and the counter balancer gear, as well as the 2 snap rings for the idler gear. Hope this helps.

Can anyone else chime in here? I need to order this stuff ASAP and I need to know if I'm ok to do what i'm doing. Would hate to be stuck with a crank I shouldn't be using or some other issue.