Stroker Crank ?

1quickblast

Mar 26, 2011
North carolina
I'm building my motor, I already have it tore down. I'm getting ready to order the crank, I'm looking at Vitto's +4mm stroker crank! I'm going to a 50 over bore with Wisco piston. The intake and exhaust port has already been ported and I'm diffently ordering a new head. I'm not sure on what size carb to go with yet! Would the Vitto's +4MM Stroker crank be good for this set up? You guys running a stroker crank how do you like it?

the vitos is a +3 and to get the most out of it you need the topend ported for the extra stroke. a good carb would be a 30-35mm and i like the keihin pwk carbs. but i like the crank overall. ordering a head? you can send yours to get it modified.

I thought I seen a +4, that may have been the Wisco, I do remember the Vitto's +3! Yea I plan on sending my head in, my intake and exhaust port I just got the porting done, it looks real good.

if you go +4 you have to get your cases trenched, you also need to get the cylinder ported for the new longer stroke to get the best performance.

Why are you boring .050 over? Depending on porting done you might not be able to re-do it for the stroker. I would talk to either O'Conner or Flotec about that. Reguardless I would go stroker, Vito's was only $20 more than std. It takes more than a "little" grinding for the 4mil, it has to be machined correctly, trenched.

The vito's 3mm stroker crank has a slightly smaller big rod end than stock so the cases don't have to be machined for the crank to work. The only problem is on SOME cases the very top point (the very outlet) of the crankcase area has to be filed down. One side of my cases needed it and the other did not... so it's not universal.

Witht a 4mm stroker, hotrods used a standard con rod but set the crank pin farther away from the centerline of the crank... so the crankcase has to be machined out so the rod can pass around inside it.

You may get an extra 4cc's from the +4 over the +3. Once the cylinder is ported for the stroked crank, the difference is miniscule. If you are going to drag engine, the smaller big end of the +3 might make a difference.

If you're building a trail bike, the ease of installation on the vito's is probably worth the sacrifice of a few cc's.

I have the vito's +3 crank in my bike now. I have a +4 in the mail for a different engine..