Stratton's 2006 yamaha yfz450 bill balance edition

STRATTON

Feb 16, 2013
Hey guys, some of you may remember me from my blaster build.

http://www.blasterforum.com/full-rebuilds-128/strattons-02-blaster-56078/

i really enjoyed that quad, and really enjoyed the build. but for whatever reason one day i woke up and decided to let her go.

just picked this up today to replace her.

1507961_629986723727529_2044590104_n.jpg

996998_629986740394194_1015623089_n.jpg

1465258_629986750394193_1383532498_n.jpg

1476271_629986760394192_612485945_n.jpg

993822_629986787060856_1379385473_n.jpg

she has about 5 hours on her so says the previous owner, and i wouldnt doubt it, this thing is immaculate. i picked her up for a real steal, a lil more then i sold my blaster for.

mods include-flexx handle bars, aftermarket steering stabilizer, front and rear dura blue graph lite wheel spacers, hand guards, nerf bars, pro armor skid plates front and rear, 18inch rear tires forget the brand and front tires also forget the brand,

i only rode her around the block a few times, man she feels great, so much torque and the top end is impressive also, just feels so stable and overall, the quality and fit and finish is top notch.

future mods include-oil mod (factory piston squirter from 07's up retrofitted, upgraded oil pump), zip tie mod (gets rid of the slight bog) intake system with k&n and full exhuast system, retarding stock exhaust cam (improves top speed) and prolly a top end front sprocket.

the plastics will be plasti-dipped flat black just like the blaster for that stealth look.

let me know what you think guys :).

stratton.

thats sexy !
keep us posted as the mods come

Man that thing looks awesome, the only reason I got my trx450r was cause it was such a good deal and I wanted somthing new, still trying to sell the blaster btw lol

thanks awk, will do !

Man that thing looks awesome, the only reason I got my trx450r was cause it was such a good deal and I wanted somthing new, still trying to sell the blaster btw lol

thanks, i sold my blaster in less then 8 hours of it posting.

were gonna get about 5 inches of snow tomorrow, so ill be on her tomorrow tearing up the neighborhood. maybe ill try and grab some vids.

stratton.

Sexy machine, never been much of a fan of chrome though. What's it being set up for?? Like trails, MX, dunes?

Showroom floor i think :p

Thats a really nice quad man, looks sick!

lol ! i just keep my toys clean, as soon as im done riding it for the day, it gets a full detail before the next ride out. doing that always keeps things clean.

really sick looking quad 1 day maybe my bikes will look that good

like i said above. also with my cars or trucks and quads, if something doesnt look new, replace it, if you cant do that, theres ways to clean it up. i could take a beat down quad or truck and make it looks great agian. a lil elbow grease, some cheap paint or powder coat does wonders.

1509931_630379993688202_749594590_n.jpg

took her out today. granted the ground is slick as anything but boy does she just rip.

stratton.

decided to go with a full barker exhaust and a fci intake system, cam mod. ill be looking at close to 50whp with the stock motor.

gonna change the oil tomorrow, throw in a new spark plug and take her around the block if its dry out.

have to buy a new battery, cause i think the one in her is bad.

stratton.

carb cleaned and rejetted. zip tie mod to fix bog from idle when going wot. cam mod, retard exhaust cam 1 tooth, picks up about 4whp, fixed weeping water pump.

found out i have a fmf slip on and a nice new well oiled uni filter on her.

cant wait to ride her for the first time after the mods and fixes.

stratton.

finally took her for a test ride around the block. all i can say is HOLY sh*t, this thing flat out screams, straight rapes the tire like its nobodys business. ive never ridden a bike that was this fast before. any rpm, any gear and she just gets up and goes. i havent even hit wot in the lower gears, mostly 4th and 5th with out toping her out. down low i just rolled into it prolly going about 3/4 throttle or so, and she just tears threw the gears with no mercy.

i dont want to admit it, as i really loved my blasty and really enjoyed building it, but the yfz is just in a whole other leauge. she just cranks, and just keeps pulling like a freight train. like i said all it has for power adders is a new uni, a sh*tty fmf slip on with the spark arrestor in and i gotta re-look but i believe 18inch quadsports (wich would increase acceleration.)

i couldnt begin to imagine how this thing would feel with a barkers exhaust and a fci intake system. let alone what some of these dudes do with high comp 480s and ported heads etc etc, or 501 jugs and stroke cranks. must be plain silly.

i do have rejett the pilot though, its to small, take a bit to start her up, and the rev's hang when you rev her up in neutral. she has a 45 in her, gonna go up to a 48 and see what happens. the main jet is 168 and it feels spot on.

cant wait to get this thing in the woods and hit some open areas !!

well as you can tell im very happy with the bike, and the few simple things ive done thus-far.

stratton.

grip it and rip it !
and be careful on the streets