Stock 96 blaster... Now what?

Boxer29

Aug 29, 2011
Just bought a completely stock 96 blaster.... Thing is like mint....

What are the need to do mods? It's completely stock.... What should I do? If anything to it?

Stock the powerband seems very short.... I'm trying to keep up withy friends who drive 250ex and 300ex and such...

Add an aftermarket pipe/silencer, UNI air filter/remove airbox lid/rejet carb for pipe/airbox mod(at least 4-6 sizes up on main, to start, we can help you jet), and change your front sprocket from 13t to 14t, And BOTH those 4 pokers will be tryin' to just keep you in sight. :D

OH, and welcome to the Forum!!!!

EDIT:
Larry, you read my mind as I was writing!!! LOL

Sounds great! Where is the best place to buy all this! I have about $600 to spend.... Wanna get the best deals for the power and money.... I'll be doing all the work myself....

Also I do trail/ straight away riding mostly.... Some little hills....

or you could just search around here. if you wait, there are some good deals to be had on used stuff. if your on a budget. you cant beat it. i'd just recommend a fmf fatty for you. about half the people on here have them and there is usually one for sale at a decent price.

while your waiting on some deals, just get your riding skills up. that cant hurt either

Ya I had a predator 500 before... And I tell you the blaster is more fun.... I'll keep an eye out for some good deals or just buy the toomey kit.... Seems like a all in one deal for a good price?

What's the front sprocket go for and why change it? Adds gearing to the powerband? Makes it longer? My goal is just to have a decent trail rider... That when a 4 poker 300ex or someone wants to race i can beat him... And watch there face haha

heres a link Toomey Pipe Systems go and get the Toomey B1 Kit comes with Toomey Pipe,Toomey Silencer,UNI air filter, and 310 carb jet all for $400 if you have $600 you will still have money for some good nerf bars

I agree 100%, a one stop shop.
I rock the TOOMEY B1 as well, great pipe, and works awesome with the change up of the 14t front sprocket. Yeah, the 14t creates a taller, longer powerband, removes some of the short gear ride common in the blaster.

And, as you see, the Kit comes with Jet, filter, etc, good to roll...

Giddy up!!! I:I

Thanks guys.... Ordering the kit tomorrow..... Is the jet that comes with it all I need to do? I hate to take a great running blaster add this stuff and have the jetting be wrong....And get bogs or to lean etc....

Included Jet is a good starting point, but all depends(kinda conservative). I leaned mine out a bit more, air box lid off/UNI, backed it down to about a 310 main/stock pilot and 1 3/4 turns out on air screw. Every bike is gonna be a bit different, so again depends... I have carb work and ported VForce3 Reeds, etc, so NOT just a stock setup with bolt on Toomey kit, so these #'s are NOT to go right from for your tune...

But, if you stay out of the deep water/mud and can run without your lid, do so instead of installing those plug filters that comes with, better off with no lid on the stock box, my $02...

The Toomey B1 kit is a GREAT bolt on though, no matter what setup you are "bolting" it onto... I:I