Steering stem

Markblaster

Custom blaster
Dec 6, 2015
Hi all. Just installing my Lonestar racing steering stem in my blaster and not to sure about the lower nut on end of the stem. The stem didn't have any instructions for install apart from info about the clamp.

I seen in the service manual to do the nut up to 30nm, There is no way I can turn the steering if I do it up that tight. Finger tight is best and then cotter pin in the hole.

Any ideas? Any one else have this?

I think i remember a member on here having to sand the paint off of the stem at the bottom and at the top bushing to make it work

Had a search but couldn't find any thing. Will take it apart tomorrow and measure it.

Measured it. Here is the problem. Contacted LSR and they are no help. Only told me to use stock hardware.
Default-New Measures.jpg

Default-New Measures-1.jpg

I removed the bushes and removed the powder coat off the frame where the bushes seat on and go it down to 43.32mm. Still needs more. Thinking about slaving a little of each bushing in lathe.

Ended up having to machine some off both bushes, removed powder coat off the frame where the bushes set onto.