stator issue?

borednstreched

Nov 19, 2011
coulmubs n.e.
paul said he couldnt get my blaster to start so he could jet and tune it. he thinks it might be the stator, he said all my wiring looks right, but i have no spark. the people i got the motor from insist the stator was good.

im running a 03+ motor and a 01 harness/electronics.

i dont mess with low volt ac systems alot, anyone know what kind of numbers should i get from the stator when testing for ohms and volt/amps.

could it be as simple as a bad ground at the coil or other electronics?

i left all the tors/parking brake stuff unplugged. if that helps.

paul said he couldnt get my blaster to start so he could jet and tune it. he thinks it might be the stator, he said all my wiring looks right, but i have no spark. the people i got the motor from insist the stator was good.

im running a 03+ motor and a 01 harness/electronics.

i dont mess with low volt ac systems alot, anyone know what kind of numbers should i get from the stator when testing for ohms and volt/amps.

could it be as simple as a bad ground at the coil or other electronics?

i left all the tors/parking brake stuff unplugged. if that helps.

It could be a poor earth, Blasters are notorious for them.

I do believe that +03 need the tors and brake wires shorted, or bridged.

Free manual here.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ce-and-owner-manuals-download-for-free.17325/

Last edited by a moderator:
paul said he tested the stator and it wasnt putting out enough power. so i took the 01 stator of the original motor and gave it to him to switch. hes going to call me tomorrow and let me know.

what is the extra wire coming off the 03+stator, the 01 harness doesnt have a plug for it.

paul said he tested the stator and it wasnt putting out enough power. so i took the 01 stator of the original motor and gave it to him to switch. hes going to call me tomorrow and let me know.

what is the extra wire coming off the 03+stator, the 01 harness doesnt have a plug for it.

Be best to take a look at the wire diagrams to figure it out. I beleive it has to do with the TORS/ parking brake "Brain in the 03+ CDI

You have to ground that extra wire if it was left unconnected you wont get spark

Nuno

Straight from the manual, "when the parking brake is used, the engine speed is limited to 2,300r/min, be sure the parking brake is released before moving the throttle lever, otherwise the throttle will misfire, preventing normal operation."

This is what I have found out doing my 05 build- I used a 88-02 harness/cdi to troubleshoot my issues-

The green wire from the stator gets jumpered to a ground point as above metioned the green wire from the CDI leave unplugged. The tors switches are in series on all years, However the 88-02 CDI is looking for a Normally Open, the newer models are looking for a Normally closed situation, which is why you jumper one or both of the Tors wires.
Also the parking brake is normally open when not ON! So it just needs unplugged.