So F***ing mad, its fixing to be parts

skntsqrl

Apr 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Ok so I bought a 04 blasty that needed a top end, due to oil pump failing. So had the cylinder bored and honed, and now it wont start at all.
1) It has great compression checked it twice
2) Has spark
3) gas will come out of the drain of the carb
So now it wont start pulled the plug and its like its not getting gas from the carb to the cylinder. If anybody can give a direct way to bypass the TORS system that correct that would be great because I have found 4 differnet ways to do it and it seems none of them are right. Also if there is no key plugged in would that cause the problem. Im at the last straw on this thing so if I cant get it started it's going on craigslist.

Thanks I have to give my leg a rest from kicking on that thing yesterday. Also the key isn't the issue is it cuz if thats it I am gonna feel like an idiot.

going to quote myself from another thread. this is for 03' -'06 only. the TORZ on 88-02 operate on a separate brain box. 03-06 has the TORZ built into the CDI.

on my '03, same as your '06, all i did with the park brake sensor was unhook it from the handle and snip the plug off and tape the end up so it wouldn't ground out. do not try to ground the p-brake sensor. that made mine backfire when i tried. with the TORS all you do is snip the wire coming out of the throttle housing and then the wire coming from the TORS unit. twist both ends of those wires together and it should run. unless your problem is something else all together.

We will get you through this just hang in there with us.... :)

Ok there is only two possibilities for your carb leaking out the overflow and this is more than likely the problem.
1. The plunger that seals the fuel inlet is dirty
2. The float height is out of adjustment

Heres a vid that covers both. Let me know if you need more help then this...

Last edited by a moderator:
The key is unplugged due to not having one, I know that about the TORS on the newer ones, thats why i was looking for the right way to remove it.

I'm pretty sure its fuel delivery cuz I pulled the plug out and there is no fuel making it to the cylinder. I guess I can spay some fuel through the reeds and see if it fires up. I was just frustrated last night. If the timing is off would it at least try to start up? So its either timing or fuel cuz it def has spark and compression.

The key is unplugged due to not having one, I know that about the TORS on the newer ones, thats why i was looking for the right way to remove it.

If the key switch is disconnected from the wire harness your good.

The tors- if you have an 87-02 just unplug the carb switch and the switch that is connected to the throttle. That will bypass the system all together.

If still no go turn off the gas and pull the hose from the carb, get a bucket and open the petcock up is there flow? If so dissasemble the carb and clean it. If still no good is the piston backwards?

remove the tors, and the parking brake sensor
check your reeds, flywheel key is intact and firing at the correct time, and clean that carb good.....disassemble completely, every jet, clean with carb cleaner and blow out with a compressor, re-assemble
and how long did this thing sit during the rebuild ???
i just had similar troubles on my buddies build, turned out to be a mouse nest in the pipe, to check for that, pull the pipe off the cylinder and see if it fires then, if so your exhaust is clogged somewhere and it will not start

One of the wires needs to be spliced . let me see if i can find the post that gives directions as i don't have experience with the 03+ models.

I'm pretty sure its fuel delivery cuz I pulled the plug out and there is no fuel making it to the cylinder. I guess I can spay some fuel through the reeds and see if it fires up. I was just frustrated last night. If the timing is off would it at least try to start up? So its either timing or fuel cuz it def has spark and compression.

Definitely try a little fuel or starting fluid right into the cylinder. That might get it to pop and tell let us know if spark is the problem...

If the timing is off itll spark and sputter sometimes but not all of the time... Pop off the stator cover and see if the key is lined up.

Thanks on all the help I never thought about the pipe, cuz it has been sitting awhile it had been way to hot to work on it over the summer I'll check the pipe and clean the carb again tonight check the floats and everything too.

float height is 20-21.5mm from where the gasket would sit, to top of floats, not sure if sparky's vid shows it, but like this...........

4785-float-height.jpg

also.......is the piston in the right direction ????

Here is what i found- after you unplug the carb switch and the throttle switch- 03+ it's part of the main ecu. Leave it alone. Unplug the wires coming from the throttle, cut off the connector that is left there and connect the 2 wires together. On the tors side disconnect the tors, cut off the connector on the left and connect the wires together. This worked for my 03 blaster.