sleeve spun inside the jug

that truly is the suck and a sign of poor poor quality control. You should have never got that thing.

Does the L.A sleeve kit need porting or is it good?

that truly is the suck and a sign of poor poor quality control. You should have never got that thing.

Does the L.A sleeve kit need porting or is it good?

No ct claims 40hp with no porting. The ports in the casting of the CT & L.A sleeve jug is huge vs the stock jug, and it has a bigger reed cage. You can get it ported more but CT racing claims you will lose more bottom end power then you gain at the top, and that is not a good woods motor..

Im not happy with the bottom end power of my CT 240, but it may not be jetted right. So im hoping i will get some jetting help at AWK's wild ride...I:I

That blows freek!!!
obscene31.gif

You haven't had much luck with this new engine, really hope you can get it straightened out!

well had to tear into the blasty since i thought i had a stuck ring, and well well.... i was right, and upon further inspection i noticed that the sleeve had moved an 1/8 inch to the left, WTF do i do now....has anybody seen this before?? ......awks trip isnt looking so good right now! been a pretty bad day so far!

heres the vitos junk for ya
ass2.jpg

ass1.jpg

i

guess this means a CT kit now....im done with vitos!

Strange how it moved 1/8 inch Most are .004" press fit....

The only way that sleeve will move is if the interference fit was too small. Like Angus said, .004 is the number to use but if it was pressed in, that's a problem. Sleeves are dropped in after the cylinder comes up to temp. You may be able to heat the cylinder up and move the sleeve but you're going to distort the bore. The cylinder can be saved by cutting the old sleeve out. Use a die grinder and a carbide burr and split the sleeve. It will pop right out. Get another sleeve from Vito's and have it installed but put two “dutchmen” in the top of the cylinder. This will keep it from ever turning again. I can do this for you if you want. After the sleeve is in, have Denny port it, bore and hone and off you go! After seeing this, I'll be installing dutchmen in mine just to be safe.

Reactions: 1bad442
thanx again ken but im gonna go with the la sleeve cylinder kit.....i could never see myself putting a vitos cylinder on my ride again, even if it had a la sleeve in it.......after that crank and now this cylinder......im anti-vitos lol

freek that really sucks man! if the trans wasn't f'd i'd just ship you my whole motor so you could make that ride....

thanx guys, but it would take a freekin miracle to pull this off.....gotta make sure my bills are paid first or it would be orderd already...not sure what im gonna do

thanx guys, but it would take a freekin miracle to pull this off.....gotta make sure my bills are paid first or it would be orderd already...not sure what im gonna do

/\/\/\/\ i know what you're gonna do, borrow one of the other 9 blasters your family owns and get your ass down here for the ride, and ken just called me, he's tearin my boys motor down tomorrow, ordering parts monday and will have it back to me in time for the ride, so as i offered scott from e2s, dually and slick, i will have an extra bike to ride, you guys can all take turns on both my rides, trust me, we wont be doing any 3-4 hour rides here, way too rough, so a couple hours at a time runs will allow everyone rides ?????

/\/\/\/\ i know what you're gonna do, borrow one of the other 9 blasters your family owns and get your ass down here for the ride, and ken just called me, he's tearin my boys motor down tomorrow, ordering parts monday and will have it back to me in time for the ride, so as i offered scott from e2s, dually and slick, i will have an extra bike to ride, you guys can all take turns on both my rides, trust me, we wont be doing any 3-4 hour rides here, way too rough, so a couple hours at a time runs will allow everyone rides ?????

lol yea i think ill be able to use another blasty for the ride....just the suspension is all stock....i might have to go into "traction" after that ride lol

sounds like it'd be easier on you to pull a motor out of another blasty and put it in yours for a weekend. have nice comfy suspension and still have piped/carbed/reed power...

burp

/\/\/\/\ we'll keep you well liqoured up so you dont feel any pain !!!!!!

sounds like it'd be easier on you to pull a motor out of another blasty and put it in yours for a weekend. have nice comfy suspension and still have piped/carbed/reed power...

burp

/\/\/\/\ thats a grand idea, i see no excuses now

wow ,that is wild .as mentioned there are several ways to salvage it but none is easy and bullet proof ,all ican assume is they must not have had the proper fit from the sleeve ot the bore relationship and over time the pressure and use shook it loose and it spun in the casting ,i can honestly say ive never seen that before ,really sucks big time.if its any consolation the ct/lasleeve big bore has a thicker sleeve and is heavier duty than the vitos kit

wow freek sorry to see that crap X( but on the plus side im beyond excited to see a FLOTEK ported LA sleeve!!!!! giggidy frickin giggidy lol I:I I:I I:I