should I get a 250R?

I just got off the phone with a CT racing dealer, and he says that generally it is safe to run pump gas with under 170ish PSI of compression. is there any truth to this!? This is the one thing that Im really worried about, because for a trail bike I will NOT run on race fuel. Also is it even possible for it to have a title since it has a custom frame?
thanks

you should be able to get a title for it, here in wisconsin it would be consitered a home built atv, would have to take itt o the dnr and have it inspected, and make a name for it and they will issue you a registration for it,

my buddys lsr frames 250r was registered

and re read the dirt wheels, the only down side to the 250r aganst the 450 was shifting more on the mx track, and in a straight line drag the 450r pulled away on the start but the 250r caught it,

I just got off the phone with a CT racing dealer, and he says that generally it is safe to run pump gas with under 170ish PSI of compression. is there any truth to this!? This is the one thing that Im really worried about, because for a trail bike I will NOT run on race fuel. Also is it even possible for it to have a title since it has a custom frame?
thanks

Well if it's an entirely CT based engine, I guess you can off of what the builder says, but just be careful with it. I am running 180ish psi in my Blaster and running 60/40 110-93 octane. There are a lot of other things that contribute to needs of running a higher octane aside from static compression, but seeing as how it's about the easiest thing to test for, it's what most people go on. I think you would be alright at 160psi with 93 octane. That's probably the setup I would run with it if I wanted to run pump gas.

well i sent the guy a email seeing if he had some room to work with the price, so well see how that goes.

I ran pump gas on a 330r with 190 psi. No problems with detonation. For 3200, thats a good deal on an r with a lsr chassis

I ran pump gas on a 330r with 190 psi. No problems with detonation. For 3200, thats a good deal on an r with a lsr chassis

just wondering, but what made you go from a 330R to a blaster? Also do you know anything about the LSR frames, one person that on some the welds have cracked, I find that hard to believe coming from a company like LSR.?
Thanks

I had a kid offer me $5700 for it and "thought" I wanted to get out of racing. Then I decided to build an mx blaster to prove to people that you don't need a 450 4poke to be competitive.
I've never heard of an lsr frame crack but its possible. A weld is only as good as the person thats doing it. I'd imagine though that the crack was probably on an older frame or one that was being ridden pretty aggresively with the rider casing the quad on some jumps, just my guess though

Well I got him down $3000. 245 I see in your signature that your doing a 88 250R, how's that goin for ya, any suggestions on what to look for on a R?
Thanks

i'm guessing he didnt buy it and bailed on us or B he couldnt get his mind together and some1 else bought it sorry man