SHOULD I EVER HAVE TO CHANGE MY PILOT JET

What carb are you running?

you would have to do a plug chop to check the pilot circuit

with my 32mm carb i had a 35 pilot. but that was for a right bend pipe. when i switched to fmf it was WAY too rich

What are your mods/setup? pipe, air filter, airbox lid, carb

270 sounds a bit lean and a 32.5 pilot should be good but every bike is different so you never know. You can plug chop at different throttle positions to fine tune. With the 32.5 pilot in how far out/in was your idle screw adjust ? With the 35 in there now how far in/out is it adjusted ?

i have 280 in now and its a little rich which is ok, the 35 pilot is a little over 1 turn out and it idle fine so i figured it was ok but was just tryin to be fat all around to be safe. no motor leaks either it was tested at shop. i just dont wanna be too fat and foul plugs, haven't rode for an extended amt of time on this setup yet but am today.

i heard before that some aftermarket jets have different flow rates compared to genuine mikunis for example a 250 mikuni may flow like a 270 from an aftermarket, any validation of that being true?

i heard before that some aftermarket jets have different flow rates compared to genuine mikunis for example a 250 mikuni may flow like a 270 from an aftermarket, any validation of that being true?
only plug chops will be able to tell you if they are good

Like said above, leak test. Depending on your air fuel mixture screw setting on a warm motor idling and where it sits depends on weather or not you need a pilot jet change. More likely than not, you won't need to change the pilot from stock.