Shock ideas

3Blaster05

Apr 28, 2013
Kansas
I am wanting to upgrade my shocks, I am wondering if I can fit yfz shocks up front and rear, or if there is a better set up to use for suspension, that wont be to terribly expensive. I heard yfz front shocks fit good without doing anything, and then 400ex rear shock with 400ex bushings is the best....

YFZ fronts will not fit unless you have long travel a arms. I would suggest using the search key. There is tons of information on this site, all you have to do is search and read.

I read that the 450 shocks would work with a certain lowering kit upfront. But if you put them on without a arms or anything it would destroy the ball joints.

I am wanting to upgrade my shocks, I am wondering if I can fit yfz shocks up front and rear, or if there is a better set up to use for suspension, that wont be to terribly expensive. I heard yfz front shocks fit good without doing anything, and then 400ex rear shock with 400ex bushings is the best....

Not true YFZ shocks are too long to fit without either A arms or a lowering kit.

If you're looking for the least expensive upgrade, Banshee fronts and one of the 400 sport quad rear. 400ex, lt400z or the KFX400 will all fit and are basically the same. You should be able to do the Banshee fronts/400 rears for under $100. I gave $35 shipped for the KFX400 rear shock that I have now and I think it was $40 shipped for the Banshee fronts from a member here.

Make sure you purchase the correct front lowering kit, not the ones that say "not for heavy jumping" . The yfz450 front shocks are worth the $$$ off e-bay along with the 400ex rear shock, add the Ken O'Connor bushings, You will have a full adjustable suspension. You will think you have died and gone to heaven compared to stock Blaster shocks. (Banshee shocks not worth the time and money.)

The yfz450 rear will fit with some slight modding.Similar to modding a 400ex. For the price of 450 fronts used works can be had and is a much better option.

If you have time to wait for Works to be posted for sale. Lots of 450 shocks on line cheap

Works shocks are available fairly often.Just remember to search for a banshee front works also.There is deffinately more front stock yfz450 shocks out there but those guys swap them out for works,elkas,fox,etc etc It's a good shock but a works is a better option for around the same price.$200 for a used set of 450 front shocks is no bargain.imo

I could never find them for that cheap or as readly available. In one week everything arrived and in a hour I had everything bolted on.

Attachments

• ~b815966.jpg
    ~b815966.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 206
Works can be ran with no modification. I have banshee fronts which are fine for me, I don't jump though.

I am going to be jumping here and there, and I want to start racing eventually, this summer when the weather gets better, but I don't have money for elka or works right now, you think the banshee fronts, and a 400 sport quad rear will be just fine?

If you're looking for the least expensive upgrade, Banshee fronts and one of the 400 sport quad rear. 400ex, lt400z or the KFX400 will all fit and are basically the same. You should be able to do the Banshee fronts/400 rears for under $100. I gave $35 shipped for the KFX400 rear shock that I have now and I think it was $40 shipped for the Banshee fronts from a member here.

Do you do any jumping? how did it feel, Soft or hard? Blaster fronts are stiff, and the rear is soft. I will be jumping a little, and riding trails. What improvements did you notice, I guess im asking?

In the for sale section. But honestly when people post things up on here there such a great price there gone relatively quickly. So you will have to check often. I know myself and a few others that are looking for same thing. But for banshee shocks you should be able to get them cheap on fee bay..

In the for sale section. But honestly when people post things up on here there such a great price there gone relatively quickly. So you will have to check often. I know myself and a few others that are looking for same thing. But for banshee shocks you should be able to get them cheap on fee bay..

What are you looking for? also where is the for sale section up top i only see User CP, Donate, Subscriptions, FAQ, Community, Calender, New Posts, Search, Quick Links, Log out