Sadly the time has come to quit riding a Blaster

Blaaster

Staff member
Technician
Jul 18, 2011
eastern australia
Due to the intense pain incurred in getting off the seat and throwing the body off to the side I have chosen not to ride a Blaster for my adrenaline rush.

I am looking at building a buggy that will support my ageing body well when I throw it into a burm.

I have ridden bikes all my long life, and recently moved into quads, but the old bones complain whenever contortions are called for.

I have the mind of a 20yr old but that does not fit my 70yr old body.

I no longer can keep up with my 15yr old Son on his Blaster and that disresses me, but just wait until my buggy is built and again he may eat my dust. (wishful thinking).

One may gain experience as one gets old, but one slows down, I think it is time to play trains, or chase older women.

Due to the intense pain incurred in getting off the seat and throwing the body off to the side I have chosen not to ride a Blaster for my adrenaline rush.

I am looking at building a buggy that will support my ageing body well when I throw it into a burm.

I have ridden bikes all my long life, and recently moved into quads, but the old bones complain whenever contortions are called for.

I no longer can keep up with my 15yr old Son on his Blaster and that disresses me, but just wait until my buggy is built and again he may eat my dust. (wishful thinking).

One may gain experience as one gets old, but one slows down, I think it is time to play trains, or chase YOUNGER women.
I fix that for ya! ^^^^ I'm not looking forward to the day I have to let it go!

A buggy sound cool however, My wife was just saying last evening as we watched a commercial of a side by side, "we need one of them and then I can come riding!" Then she seen the price and said, "oh well was wishful thinking!"

Older women are the go they dont run as fast as they seem to like being caught!

Fortunatly I have a young lad that is not afraid of hard work and very handy with a welder.

Already have a few ideas on what to build, but it has to be fast enough to keep up with my lad.

I know what you need my man.... http://www.kawasaki.ca/skins/defaul...mmon/sections/corporate/mule/1988_KAF450B.jpg

It's a Kawasaki Mule 1000

It's an upright seating position UTV with a kawasaki 454LTD motorcycle engine sitting in the back with a special CVT transmission made on. They were known to be able to go 50+ mph (although maybe a bit unsafe at those speeds!) with some tweaking.

Rare find in any kind of condition now though, they only made them like two years, 1988 and 1989.

I feel for ya man ... the desire is there but reflexes & physical recovery just keep gettin slower ... I only ride the Blasters to test'm and if I have any fun testin I pay the next day. We can always hope to have something around to tinker on that has fat tires and is overpowered beyond reason :) ...

You're in the right place for a buggy. Ironically, a buggy is how I ended up on quads. I was looking for a donor quad for parts on a mini buggy build, when I found the first trike. How familiar are you with the products from Edge? I'm sure a GSXR powder Barracuda or Piranha will be plenty enough to keep your juices flowing.

Problem with a true buggy is that it's harder to climb in and out of one of those than it is off a blaster.

The only option is a "sit up" style UTV like a mule or honda big red. They're generally not designed for speed, but for hauling capacity and ruggedness.

Problem with a true buggy is that it's harder to climb in and out of one of those than it is off a blaster.

It is not so much getting in and out that concerns me, I am still pretty agile.

My main problem is that constantly having to change position when riding really gives the aging limbs gee up.

Getting off to the side on corners is easy, but climbing back up to the seat is not so easy.

I will prolly build something to suit the needs.

One may gain experience as one gets old, but one slows down, I think it is time to play trains, or chase older women.

You're in the same boat as my grandpa. No shame in that, though! Where there's a will, there's a way. You'll find something that works for you. Sometimes my young bones even hurt after riding a blaster! Good luck with everything!

You're in the same boat as my grandpa. No shame in that, though! Where there's a will, there's a way. You'll find something that works for you. Sometimes my young bones even hurt after riding a blaster! Good luck with everything!

Only sometimes? your not riding it right! :p alot of people put superbike engines into the buggies round here and they make evil little machines, we have a 250 chinese buggy that we say when the engine blows its getting a zx6r in or something along the lines of but the damn thing never gives up! I:I