rm80/blaster build for sister!!

Blaster200boy

Aug 15, 2009
Floyds Knobs, IN
Okay, been an extremely long time since I've showed my face around here, but im finally getting back into a blaster....Ive still got my race ready 450r, but, my neighbor is selling is roller w/blown top end for $250. He said It comes as is, and I'll give you a Banshee Works REar shock, aluminum high flow air box, skid plate, lights, carbs, brake hubs, disks, cables, master cylinders, alum ignition mount, etc...I'm sure I can sell that stuff I dont need, including blaster motor. My idea was to install a 2000 RM80 motor in this blaster. It wont be for my 165lb butt, but my 11year old sister which is 120. Shes big, but shes also tall. I figured this 80 motor (82cc) should haul her around pretty good. Im selling off parts from my moto 4, including tire/rim assembly. Anyways, it will give my sister something that hasnt been beat around on, like the hand-me-downs that she gets from me like the moto4. Shes always been a good sister regardless if shes annoying, mean, or stupid. I truly wanna give her a surprise. All frame color themes will be welcome, along with any other advice or suggestions! I'm buying everything to make this Rm80 run for $75 plus $160 to get bored and new top end. she does need an exhaust, so if any one has a header/muffler set up they could sell cheap (stock or aftermarket) let me know via PM or cell (812)-207-3343! Thanks guys! Hope you like the build!

pics are needed asap! That 80 should haul you around just fine in case you decide to jump on it at one point. :D

pics are needed asap! That 80 should haul you around just fine in case you decide to jump on it at one point. :D

I think it should to. The rm85 i used to have, hauled me around back when i was 180 pounds, but since then, i lost alot, and it even needed a new top end. Im gonna put a bigger radiator on it than it needs, but i really wanna keep the temps down as much as possible. I know 80/85's can be alot of maintenance....I might race cut the head, so we have a bit more power...(;

Wouldn't it be better to just do the Blaster motor? You plan on doing a top end on the 80.

The rm80 motor has about 28 hp, and thats stock. If I throw an aftermarket header pipe, i could prolly hit 30. And the weight of the blaster vs the weight of the rm80 motor....i wanting to say the rm80 motor weighs 25pounds. lol. The blkaster is like $75. I figured you guys would be happy to have a motor for sale up on here. Any bites? It needs as bore and top end, but other than that, bottom end is fine. always kept rag in bottom end.

I know this isnt a forum for Suzuki's, but would you recommend me throwing new crankshaft bearings and seals in this motor even though it appears perfectly fine? This cylinder can be bored out and doesnt need a nikasil plated cylinder. Who should i send the head out to be milled? and what kind of carb should i run? Stock, they have Keihin PE28's, but I have to buy a carb anyways, because this was a part out.

looking forward to seeing this build bro! and you should totally do the blaster in black/yellow to match the suzuki resting under the seat! or if you're feeling really nice you could do it in your sister's favorite color(s).

looking forward to seeing this build bro! and you should totally do the blaster in black/yellow to match the suzuki resting under the seat! or if you're feeling really nice you could do it in your sister's favorite color(s).

I was thinking of doing that...But to keep it in my price range, I just wanna go for a blue/pink theme, which it already has blue plastics, and I will most likely just have it sandblasted, and use a 75/25 mix of paint/hardener. She wont abuse it like my MX quad. I've taken these things apart numbers of times, and it feels really nice getting back into blasters, even though im not a fan of yamahas.