RM / Ricky Stator - Do ANY of them work???

Linkwarr

Nov 15, 2011
Asbury, NJ
I posted a previous thread on these stators and I know to stay away from them but I'm starting to wonder in anyone has gotten one of these to work on a pre-03 Blaster? I keep reading posts where people install them the machines won't rev. I'm wondering if it could be related to something like the stator sensing that the parking brake is on. The stator is set up for 5 wire so it mimics the 03-06 setup. The 5th wire is just a separate ground, but I can't help but think that there's more to the issue than just having made a POS stator. The issue I'm having has all the symptoms of a sensor killing the spark. It just bogs under any throttle but idles fine. Again, the stock stator works fine so not a jetting issue.

I have several wiring harnesses & electricals, both pre and post 03 so I could do some testing if anyone has a few ideas (other than just to smash the stator with a hammer!).

Blaster Stator on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STATOR-Fits...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4165fdf42f&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
JUNK!!!! Was broke down for a month because of rm stator. Went through 2 and could only get a weak spark. Put a used oem set in and fired right up!

Sounds like they should be "class actioned" out of business and forced to reimburse people for a known defective product.

Absolute junk! The last blaster i bought and sold had a magnet from the flywheel come loose and jam against the stator looked like it had broken through so i ordered an rmstator for 50 bucks, got it in and could get the bike to run but no rev or anything, after three months of going through every thing on the bike i decided to try to oem stator again and it fired right up and ran like a dream

Yeah, I know this post is ancient BUT I finally sent back the stator to RM and they said the polarity was reversed and they're sending me a new one. My symptoms were identical to what ikilledcased states above. Quad will idle but not rev. How the polarity could be reversed is beyond me. I've asked them to test the replacement. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time. I still like the adjustable plate and more powerful lighting coil so I think I'll swap the ignition coil with the OEM and use it that way.

Strange that the polarity on an alternating current device can be changed!

Alternating means changing from positive to negative in relation to engine revs!

Reactions: Herpderplol