Right side engine plug

B-1

Jul 31, 2010
VA
On the right side engine cover near the front theres two rubber plugs. Where can i get these at. I have looked on every site i can think of for oem parts with no luck, I cant even find aftermarket ones. Any ideas?

i guess ill have to, dealership is just so stupid expensive. All the places that i could find that sold oem parts didnt even have a part number or anything for them.

maybe my dealer is just abnormal, but prices are about what you pay on the net, but you don't have to ship it and he can usually get it faster than i can.

On that part there probley wouldnt be a big difference on price. I just dont like the dealers in this area. I have been getting my oem parts from RMATV. Its cheaper and i get the parts faster. Takes 3 days from them and usally 10 from dealer.

Well that is odd, i just checked all the parts sites i know and none of them have it listed or shown in the schematics. Good luck with your search anyhow.

Called the dealer and they said i have to buy the whole cover. You cant just get the plugs. So im hoping i can find somebody that has a busted cover that i can get cheap

I wondered what those holes was for. Ive never payed attention. I can actually get the cover on ebay alot cheaper than i figured. But ill probably just find something to cover the hole and silicone it in. Thanks guys

That'll work.

Yamaha used the cast from the DT engine to make the blaster side cover and never removed the water pump boss and hose connections. They never finished them either, so it was a REAL shame but they lead nowhere and go to nothing. You can simply close them off with silicone or something similar to keep dirt from collecting in them and rock on.