removed tors but same problem???

blaster0187

Jan 18, 2011
mulberry fl
Removed tors and e brake switch had a k&n but put a stocky in it this all helped but still sputter and has no power on bottom end.......rev great in n but u have to rev it up to get her goin.......125 psi compression at sea level (fl) carb been clean toothpaste method as shown on this site........the quad is bone stock no filter no pipe nothing........has no bottom end power and sputters a lil boggy I guess. Plug looks good brown/black slight wetness 32:1 mix any advice man I'm. Goin nuts here!!!!

Idk I don't understand how a stock quad would all the sudden need jettin?? I mean its done this since day one I'm an auto tech and know a few thng about these machines but I'm baffled on this one

check your reeds i had the same problem and one of my reed pedals was gone, just a suggestion idk kinda sounds like a jetting or gas mixture problem

my bud fil had the same problem, so i just cleaned out the carberater and it fired rite up! of course his was a four stroke

No I mean toothpaste to clean the seat where the float needle rides checked float height n all that first thng I did....I've had this quad 2 days and hav done all kinda crap but still no bottom end power/boggy bottom end if u rev it more it will eventually ziiiing!!! But I hop on the one in my sig.......its like hoppin on a 400ex from a 90

i may be wrong but if you remove the TORS, dont you need to re-jet? someone correct me on this since i will soon be removing it also.

the tors has nothing to do with the jetting... it basically sits there and does nothing unless the throttle is stuck open... there is no practical need for it and there is no need to change anything except maybe the carb cap and throttle cable after removing it

clean the carb with a good carb cleaner, remove all the jets and blow out all passages with air. and check the reed petals.

I also run amsoil dominator oil mixed 50/1 with great results, I think 32/1 is to much oil.

ok try this set your carb right then up at the throttle adjust idle there with the cable where it connects mine started doing what yours is and I adjusted the cable at thumb and all power came back. another thing is that a shop did mine before I got it and it had an extension piece on it for some reason my brother is having same issue he thinks he needs that extension piece. Since then I put a moose on it and adjusted at thumb for sweetness!

Presume it's not the one in your signature? Was it running correctly with the K&N? ALL you changed was filter? Anytime you change the air flow you have to re-jet. What main jet do you have now. Think of it as your MAF is off :D

No it wasn't runnin right wit the k&n I took it out and put it in the one in my sig and that quad handles it well.......ya kno all this jetting and tuning crap.....I built a 300ex lind ported head cobra exhaust disables limiter with a open k&n and it runs like a raped ape......never touched the carb!!!!

Okay, I know with all of the info gettin' thrown at you things can get outta wack. Now, let's step back a minute and consider what is going on.

You are bogging low which means you may be rich, period. NOT getting enough Air, for some reason or another. ALSO, which I could NOT agree with more, CHECK THE REEDS for petal damage, etc, first thing is first...

After REED inspection let's start with the TORS delete? How did you accomplish this, disconnect or complete removal, new cap, etc? (how are you compensating for idle?)

2.5 turns out is WAY too much on the air/pilot screw, for a stocker. Back it in to seat then turn out 1.5 turns. There is a restriction somewhere, somehow.

So the bike is stock right? pipe? now filter, etc? Are you SURE Carb jets are stock? clean? If you can give us a # on main jet that will help.

After setting air screw 1.5 turns out, what I want you to try is lift your seat and remove air box lid, replace seat and test/ride, etc.

If no change, remove seat and TAKE OUT Air filter, remove completely, leave lid off, re-install seat and test/ride. Any changes?

if so Do NOT continue to ride like this, just report back any and all info, I will check in this thread periodically over the next 2 hours...

lemme know, peace...

I was thinkn maybe a lil rich bog.......I did clean the carb....I didn't peep the jet size...wasn't expectin for all this really....tors is only removed by wiring all unplugged grounded green stator wire...idle is still in the tors box. It has a stock filter now and did get better...I did check the reeds and clean them out well with a cleaner none of u can even get ur hands on prolly from Castle.....I'm interested in tryin the cable adjust like said b4 at the handlebar.....it idles ok but only runs great in upper rpm range...I've gotten results but there's still sumthin missing

you need to check the jet sizes pull the carb and the bowl and there is a number on each jet we need that number on both jets and 2.5 turns on the air screw is too much stock is 1 turn out!